Second Skin Audio

box specs for an aq hdc 15

yeah i totally forgot about the whole wattage thing

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

allright the sub is the d2 model and he has the mb quart onyx 1500.1, i dont know what it actually outputs but it says 1500 watts @ 1 ohm, so should i shrink down to about 4.5 to 5 cubic feet?

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

I don't know how many watts RMS the sub is, nor what the recommended box size is for that 15, but from my past experience when I built my box I used ~16 square inches of port per cubic foot of box and it ended up sounding really peaky (better for SPL I suppose). After looking around and reading up a bit I've found that if you build the port area/cu ft of box a bit lower in the 12-16 recommendation that it'll sound a bit flatter instead of peaky.

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

these are the new specs i came up with 15box.png

That looks like it should work great.

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

allright guys thanks for all of the help, i'll be sure to take a few pics and make a video of the finished product

On 1500 watts is do 4.5 cubes with 72sq inches of port area tuned to 35 Hz.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

That 16.54 sq in per cu ft seems like it'll be hella peaky, but then again that could be what you're going for :P

Looks pretty solid though so good luck with the build! Be sure to post some pics and videos man look forward to checking them out :clapping:

Can you explain why it might be peaky? AQ/DD love alot of port.

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets