I apologize for my trolling, I just hate it when people call me out.

G8s are really nice...if you get the aluminum wheels, replace them. You hit one pot hole and it's over. That's what I was trying to say.

-End thread replies. Troll.

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Got a 3.6L Supercharger hooked up to my 3.9L, so don't be trying to call me out on something I did. K, thanks =)

Hit: 2001 and 2002 SS Pace cars Chevy Monte Carlos come with Turbo charged engines. Here's a youtube video of it EXPLAINING it. Do research before you start throwing crap around.

lol no turbo in either vid

Really... NO Monte ever came supercharged, you sure about that Zachsb3? Oh wait, here's what came up in 30 seconds of searching.

Jesus man, keep your mouth shut if you don't know, all that shitty-smelling ignorance is falling out.

Chevrolet is introducing two unique 2004 {{{Monte Carlo}}} models to honor one of the most legendary father-and-son race driver combinations of all time - the Earnhardt's.

With a scheduled production run of 4000 units, the new Monte Carlo Intimidator SS is a tribute to the late Dale Earnhardt, one of the most respected and admired drivers and team owners in NASCAR history. The second model, a Dale Earnhardt Jr. Signature Series Supercharged SS, is a salute to one most popular and competitive drivers on the circuit today. A total of 2883 units are scheduled for production.

112_news040427_earnhardt1z.jpgicon_clickforgallery.gif Click to view GalleryChevrolet's new Dale Earnhardt...
read full caption

Both models are based on the Monte Carlo Supercharged SS coupe. As the name implies, motivation comes from GM's 3800 Series II supercharged V-6, delivering 240 horsepower at 5200 rpm and an impressive 280 lb.ft. of torque at 3600 rpm. The torque curve remains consistently high over a broad operating range, promising instant off-the-line acceleration and ample power for highway merging and passing.

As expected, the Intimidator SS comes in Dale's favorite color - monochromatic Black. Included in the package are 17-inch chrome wheels and the legendary "Intimidator" logo on the decklid, rear quarter panels, door sills and instrument panel. The Dale Earnhardt

Legacy logo is included on the instrument panel and on the head restraints of the sport-contoured front bucket seats with leather seating surfaces. Dale's trademark signature is included in the gauge cluster.

The Dale Earnhardt Jr. Signature Series is also outfitted with numerous unique features. Its Victory Red exterior has full-length racecar-inspired body graphics and logos of his well-known No. 8 on the body sides, front license plate cover, door sill plates and instrument panel. Exclusive to this model are 17-inch black-accented machined aluminum wheels. "Dale Jr." signature graphics are incorporated on the rear decklid, gauge cluster, floor mats and the front-seat head restraints of the leather-covered sport bucket seats. Completing the package is a high-performance 280-watt, eight-speaker audio system.

While delivery of these limited edition models are just beginning through select

Chevrolet dealerships in the U.S. and Canada, their introduction was showcased at two special events at Dale Earnhardt Incorporated's (DEI's) headquarters in Mooresville, North Carolina. Jim Campbell, Chevrolet's director of car marketing, presented the keys to one of each model to Teresa Earnhardt during festivities at DEI's "Monte Carlo Day" on April 24. The special editions will also be on prominent display during "Dale Earnhardt Day" at DEI on April 29.

"The Earnhardt family name has long been associated with Chevrolet," said Campbell. "Our decision to produce these unique models was to acknowledge the contributions both of these outstanding individuals have made to the sport. We're sure their fans will be excited to have the opportunity to own a vehicle that so closely resembles the Monte Carlos campaigned by these champions on the track."

Chevrolet will make a donation from the sale of the Monte Carlo Intimidator SS and the Dale Earnhardt Jr. Signature Series to the Dale Earnhardt Foundation, a charity specifically chosen by the Earnhardt family. The Foundation is committed to carrying on Dale's legacy and the charitable causes he supported during his lifetime.

The Intimidator SS and Dale Earnhardt Jr. Signature Series are the latest in a series of limited-edition Chevrolets honoring NASCAR stars and are considered by some fans as the ultimate in NASCAR-themed collectibles.

Prior models were the 2002 Dale Earnhardt Signature Edition (3,333 units) and the 2003 Jeff Gordon Signature Edition (2,424 units). Chevrolet donated a total of $909,000 to charitable organizations based on the sales of those vehicles.

Whether on the racetrack or on the road, the Chevrolet Monte Carlo has always stood for performance. Long known as the winningest nameplate in the history of NASCAR Winston Cup, the race-inspired looks and performance of the production model has earned it a spot as one of Chevrolet's most venerable brands.

Chevrolet's entire

2004 Monte Carlo lineup offers a solid body structure, room for five passengers, plenty of cargo space, a surprising number of amenities for the price, and a track record of outstanding quality, reliability and durability. Highlighting its comprehensive safety package, Monte Carlo consistently earns five stars (the highest U.S. government safety rating) in frontal crash testing for driver and front passenger.

you fail i said turbo, not supercharger.

I apologize for my trolling, I just hate it when people call me out.

G8s are really nice...if you get the aluminum wheels, replace them. You hit one pot hole and it's over. That's what I was trying to say.

-End thread replies. Troll.

pics with red cup?

DSC_0127-2-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I was gonna say...Montes would have the 3800 Series III if I recall. G6s are crap, I know that.

But thanks everyone ELSE for the replies. Haha that one guy reminds of my 'friend' who was convinced that a Benz SL500 has a Triton V10 in it. SMH

Edited by S15_Silvia

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Pretty sure there was 3.9L in some g6's and monte carlo's but I could be wrong. And the g6 being complete shit is far from the truth, if you know how to drive and regularly maintain a vehicle they're very reliable. Its no race car but its a decent family sedan. The g8's are sexxxxxxxxy!

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

• 2 months later...

First off, I have a 09 GT and freaking love it! They really should have made more of these cars...they should have brought more Holdens to the US...sad. Secondly, the only time "G6" and "G8" should be in the same sentence is when someone's referring to Pontiac cars. G6s are pieces of dog shit--when the G8 was released in 2008, it was the fastest car under $30k with 365hp at the crank. Stock, I had about 295 rwhp, after a few mods I'm @ 358rwhp and 370rwtq. My only big complaint right now is that there is a TON of alternator whine which I need to address. Other than that I really don't have any issues with a performance sedan with 50/50 weight distribution, runs a 13.5 1/4mi bone stock, and a 6.0 V8 that gets between 22-26mpgs on the highway...J-Sing ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I think someone doesnt know the difference between aturbocharger and a supercharger lol. Dont buy a car because it comes with alooy wheels and because you broke a rim....thats dumb..stop hitting potholes. Has nothing to do with the car's overall quality.

I almost bought a G8 couple months ago...but needed a 4wd vehicle and decided on something new. G8's are kind of a pain to do aftermarket headunits in though, from what I understand.

2012 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition-Singer 240A Alt, Odyssey Battery,Pioneer AVH-2550NEX head-unit, Pioneer GM-DX874 powering Kicker CSS67 front-CSC5 rear, and Memphis PR 1.1000 powering 12in SSA ICON in G.P. ported box.

2003 Tahoe-320A Alt, Odyssey Batt,2 Resilient Sounds Gold 15's sealed powered by Crescendo BC2000D, Turbulent Designs Ported box AVH601EX head unit and Pioneer 3ways in all doors.