Sundown Audio

Problem with amp?

Hadec

They CAN'T be wired to 2 ohms. It can't. It's not like it can be but it's not the right way to wire them. It's impossible to wire them to that.

He said he did something "extra" to be able to do it. I find it funny because this guy told me he placed 3rd in the world with 40k watts in his truck.

Working on my first car audio build ever!

Currently have:

- 1996 Lexus LS400 sedan

- Diablo Hellfire Proto Amplifier

- (2) 12" Fi Bl Subwoofers

- Vented subwoofer enclosure from Perfect Soundz

- Installed by Perfect Soundz

Needs:

- Battery: probably XS Power 12V 2400

- "The Big 3"

its not how the subs are wired. i seen so many threads of these amps being bad

and your subs are wired at 4 ohms or 1 ohm period. no matter how you run wires to the subs you wont get 2 ohms off of it. and if you happen to have other subs wired to 2 ohms it still shouldn't make your amp turn off, most likely you have poor voltage, bad grounds, or a bad amp

Pretty sure they had issues with the production models. The protos are the ones that are bad ass if I recall correctly. Don't quote me on that.

OP you should try working on it. This gives you a perfect starting point.

You can not wire dual 1 subs to 2 ohms. There is no way.

Then this is definitely the reason why. I need to get them 1 ohm wired.

i dont think you get what were saying.your subs are wired to either 1ohm or 4ohms if they are dual 1s.theres NO way they are currently wired to a 2ohm load

Pretty sure they had issues with the production models. The protos are the ones that are bad ass if I recall correctly. Don't quote me on that.

i dont think you get what were saying.your subs are wired to either 1ohm or 4ohms if they are dual 1s.theres NO way they are currently wired to a 2ohm load

No he told me he did something extra to make him be able to wire them at 2 ohms. I'm definitely gonna give him a call tomorrow.

Working on my first car audio build ever!

Currently have:

- 1996 Lexus LS400 sedan

- Diablo Hellfire Proto Amplifier

- (2) 12" Fi Bl Subwoofers

- Vented subwoofer enclosure from Perfect Soundz

- Installed by Perfect Soundz

Needs:

- Battery: probably XS Power 12V 2400

- "The Big 3"

by the way how can the prototype be better than the production? there is a reason they make prototypes so they can fix the bugs before it hits the market. just my .02 on that comment

You really need to give more info bro. Knowing what the sub ohm load ACTUALLY is and is WIRED to at the amp is key. Don't go by what a 'shop" told you or did. Setting the gains "in the middle" sends all kinds of red flags about a shop installing anything.

Go get your butt out and look at whats going on. No way of telling if its working, not or just unplugged till you SEE whats up and report back. ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

No he told me he did something extra to make him be able to wire them at 2 ohms. I'm definitely gonna give him a call tomorrow.

:rofl: now its 100% sure they used some kind of alien technology how could the wire two dvc 1 ohm to 2 ohm they probably put some resistor or something and thats whats making the amp protect

Archived