Sonic Electronix

Ok sorry for the ignorence. Say im running 2 12's on 1250 rms a sub there from AA in a dodge crew cab? If that helps. So from what i can see a fourth order box, the subs are inside the box and the mag sits inside a sealed box and the cone is in a box with a port? Would it make my system louder, deeper, ect in a box like that or should i just make a standard ported box to spec. I want it tuned to about 30hz.

again, it sounds as though you aren't experienced enough to build a 4th order. you also don't tune 4th orders the same way you would a ported box. a lot more research on your end is in order.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

the seald box is tuned around the f3 of the sub and the ported side is tuned around the 40-45hz area and is a 1:2.1 ratio so for every 1 cubic foot of sealed box yule need 2.1 cubic foot of ported side and that's not always perfect but its general

also the only reason to put the basket side is in the ported side is so you can easily smell for burning coils you can put the baskets in the sealed side but its easy to over run your subs and not smell the coils you have to be more care full

Edited by teardrop
SKAR_728x90-2.jpg

Ok well i mean just tune a normal ported box to 30hz. Thats what i want to run and im just gonna wait on the 4th order box untill i full understand whats going on. Thanks for the info tho. Why would someone pick a 4th or 6th order box or a standard ported box???