Sonic Electronix

your amp gain is fine, if u have a 4 or 5 volt HU i have a 2volt HU and my gain is up the hole way but there is no clipping, but that depends on the song as well, i got a audioque 1200d..what kind of power and ground wire you running, if you have shitty wire that could cause a amp to clip because its trying to pull to much current threw that wire, i had soundquest 1/0g wiring and i just upgraded today to tsunami 1/0 ofc wire and it made a big difference, now if you got a bad ground that can cause a amp to clip as well..like others said..your volts might be dropping to low..anything below 12.8 isnt the best thing..like the one guy said his friend has the same one and it clips to where you have it so turn your gain down to 3 or 4 and leave your HU volume on 30..i hope i helped, if i am wrong with anything i said i would like someone to please say something

thank u

I have a 2008 dodge nitro with a terrible burnt smell leaking from my port, as well. I have the same set up damn near, except I have an Orion HCCA 15.2 wired to 1 Ohm and a HCCA 2500.1 amp. Same headunit, 0-gauge f/b and big 3. Yellow top up front. And a kinetic 800 in the back. I just bought a dd-1 today and I hope it helps me. Should be in tomorrow. I've already been threw one cone. Maybe were having the same problem somehow. Let me know if you figure it out bro.

your amp gain is fine, if u have a 4 or 5 volt HU i have a 2volt HU and my gain is up the hole way but there is no clipping, but that depends on the song as well, i got a audioque 1200d..what kind of power and ground wire you running, if you have shitty wire that could cause a amp to clip because its trying to pull to much current threw that wire, i had soundquest 1/0g wiring and i just upgraded today to tsunami 1/0 ofc wire and it made a big difference, now if you got a bad ground that can cause a amp to clip as well..like others said..your volts might be dropping to low..anything below 12.8 isnt the best thing..like the one guy said his friend has the same one and it clips to where you have it so turn your gain down to 3 or 4 and leave your HU volume on 30..i hope i helped, if i am wrong with anything i said i would like someone to please say something

thank u

stop just stop. soundquest is stinger you know that right. I also have a 2 volt head unit and I also have a 1200d and guess what it clips to hell and back if you turn it up all the way.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I never run a 4300dvd past 35 on the volume. I've scoped a bunch of them, and thats where it starts flattening off, it may not be square, but it ain't pretty. 37-38 is fully flat.

Clovis Custom Audio 559-392-3600

96 Silverado Single Cab

2-DD9515's Cut-through

1-DDSE Amp

Stock electrical and a couple small stingers, LOL

Archived