Sonic Electronix

equipment: dc xl 12" dual 2 running at 4 ohms on a fosgate 1500bdcp (about 1100 rms @ 4 ohms), factory alternator 135amp, yellow top up front, kinetik 2000 in rear, big 3, 1/0 front to back.

when running at 38/40 or higher on my head unit, a few songs can make my sub stinky. is this due to lack of power from my factory alternator?

is it new?

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

Make sure your amplifier is not clipping so basically the gain level might be too high. Whats the rms on that sub and is it in the right box?

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

no the signal you are feeding it is clipped to shit. What headunit is it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I also dont understand why you are running the amp at 4 ohms ( or wonder if you even have the coils wired correctly).

More then likey if it is at 4 ohms, you have your gain or bassboost jacked all high to make up for running the amp at 4 ohms ( prob close to 8 ohms after impedance rise) not making crap for power even with the amp being the "constant power" series.

So Im sure your amp is making nothing but clipped and distorted power, causing your voice coils to run extremely hot!

is it new?

no, 3ish months old

could be the song, improperly set gains, H/U, EQ settings, battery voltage. Lots of things.Why are you running it at 4 ohms rather than 1?

running at 4 ohms so i don't fry my factory alt while my mechman is being fabricated

Make sure your amplifier is not clipping so basically the gain level might be too high. Whats the rms on that sub and is it in the right box?

gain is set around 4~5. rms on the dc xl is 1500

no the signal you are feeding it is clipped to shit. What headunit is it.

pioneer avh-p4300dvd

I also dont understand why you are running the amp at 4 ohms ( or wonder if you even have the coils wired correctly).More then likey if it is at 4 ohms, you have your gain or bassboost jacked all high to make up for running the amp at 4 ohms ( prob close to 8 ohms after impedance rise) not making crap for power even with the amp being the "constant power" series.So Im sure your amp is making nothing but clipped and distorted power, causing your voice coils to run extremely hot!

eq is flat, no bass boost, sub level at 0, crossover is at 80hz

The only way an xl can get stinky on that amp is if you are clipping it to hellWhat head unit do you have? Most units can only go up 75% without clipping

^^^ that is what i was thinking. H/U is listed above.

Archived