Second Skin Audio

Presenting the all new DD 9512i subwoofer

rgarrett

I think the basket looks cool. The thing i dont like is the Dustcap. Its a dome style cone and i dont like it covering the whole cone on a 12. Looks weird to me. but its whatever.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The basket change is due to the new 9" spiders used on the 9500i now.. Big improvement over the 7" spiders they used previously :)

I had a long talk with Kevin at DD the other day and he changed my opinion of this new basket once all the improvements were explained to me, including the 9" suspension assy Scott mentioned. Their engineers spent quite a bit of time and came up with what I think will be the next DD feature to be copied by the masses. That being said, i'm about to have them build me some recone kits for a pair of 3512's with that new 9" spider setup, might be time for my first inverted sub setup!

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Not that basket! I wonder how long till AQ starts using them too. AB already uses em. I think they're ugly as shit

Agree with you 100% I dont like that basket at all. Saw it on the ab xfl i think. Ick

Both the new XFL and HD by American Bass use them lol. I was surprised to see DD using them...

Archived