Mids & Highs: RF Prime 5.25's + Focal Polyglass 6.5s

Highs Amp: RF T600-4

Batts: XS Power D975, XS Power D925

Alt: Mechman 270a

Wires: Shok Industries 1/0, RF RCA's and Shok 12/8 gauge speaker wires

Deadening: Second Skin

TEAM DC

TEAM SHOK

You don't take the current wiring out when doing the big three. It just adds with the current flow.

0/1 gauge will not strain your factory alternator at all. Think of it this way, if you have a bucket of water and a small hose, the amount of water coming though the small hose is limited. But, upgrade your hose, and the water runs much more freely.

Lmfao...you sound like my college professor when he was teaching about voltage, current, and resistance.

Im in an electronics class and i wish my teacher had awesome analogies like that :shrug:

The spot with least resistance LOL.

I would ground to a rubber dildo if it had less resistance than a run of 4/0 wiring.

how many poeple work there 3 or 4 lol

At crescendo HQ? probably 2-3

At the sweatshop in china? 30,000 children

No Engine

You don't take the current wiring out when doing the big three. It just adds with the current flow.

0/1 gauge will not strain your factory alternator at all. Think of it this way, if you have a bucket of water and a small hose, the amount of water coming though the small hose is limited. But, upgrade your hose, and the water runs much more freely.

Lmfao...you sound like my college professor when he was teaching about voltage, current, and resistance.

Im in an electronics class and i wish my teacher had awesome analogies like that :shrug:

I always used the drinking soda through a small/big straw one :pardon:

Edited by Cardboardcat15

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

If you add a agm battery make sure you get a battery isolator cause your not suppose to mix types of batterys. And about the big 3 if your battery his in the trunk then yes you will need to run a 1/0 to the altenator from the battery +. As far as the other 2 wires I would imagine you could just run upgraded grounds from the engine block to the chassis and the neg post on the battery to the chassis. But if you have enough wire I would also run a negative 1/0 from the alt bracket back to the neg post on the battery.

I had trouble upgrading mine but since awhile ago now DC power and mechman makes h/o Alts i had to get mine from ohiogen also make sure to leave your headlights on when your banging around or else the alt wont put out all its power it will stop charging, matter of fact i did not believe this until i got some voltage meters i was sitting at 12.3 while lights was off once i turned them on few seconds later i was up at 14.5 i dont know if this is just a "cobalt" thing but i have heard of other new gm cars with the same thing just a heads up

2009 Malibu LTZHead Unit - Pioneer AVH-P4300DVDSubs - 2 DC Audio m2 XL 15'sAmplifier - DC 5kWire - KnukonceptzAlternator - OhioGenBatteries - 2 XS Power 3100's, 1 d4700

I have a similar problem. A relative purchased a new 2012 camaro rs and the battery is in the trunk. For a basic big 3 upgrade you need to run a wire from the alt in the engine bay to the battery in the trunk?!? When you do the big 3 are you going to run the new wire with the stock (+) wire?

yeah i was planning on leaving the stock

2010 Cobalt LT Coupe

Subs: 2 American bass XFL 12s

Amp: Crescendo BC3500D

Big 3 in 1/0awg

29hz box

stinger volt meter

2nd battery Deka 9a31

pioneer DEH-9400BH

I had trouble upgrading mine but since awhile ago now DC power and mechman makes h/o Alts i had to get mine from ohiogen also make sure to leave your headlights on when your banging around or else the alt wont put out all its power it will stop charging, matter of fact i did not believe this until i got some voltage meters i was sitting at 12.3 while lights was off once i turned them on few seconds later i was up at 14.5 i dont know if this is just a "cobalt" thing but i have heard of other new gm cars with the same thing just a heads up

That's umm..weird. I get a voltage drop of .12 when I turn my lights on. Goes from 14.7v to 13.4v - 12.9v...depends on the day. I have neglected on upgraded my ground on my alternator...so I'm pretty sure that's probably the reason behind it.

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

That's umm..weird. I get a voltage drop of .12 when I turn my lights on. Goes from 14.7v to 13.4v - 12.9v...depends on the day. I have neglected on upgraded my ground on my alternator...so I'm pretty sure that's probably the reason behind it.

yeah idk i heard other people talking about it with different gm vehicles that's how i found out about it. they have computer controlled voltage regulator that shuts of the alternator at different times but having the headlights on keeps the alternator charging

Edited by darksoul187

2009 Malibu LTZHead Unit - Pioneer AVH-P4300DVDSubs - 2 DC Audio m2 XL 15'sAmplifier - DC 5kWire - KnukonceptzAlternator - OhioGenBatteries - 2 XS Power 3100's, 1 d4700

I always used the drinking soda through a small/big straw one :pardon:

Lmao, so am I. Electrical Fundamentals. Something like a hose, bigger the hose, bigger the current...bending the hose...causes resistances...etc

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]