Second Skin Audio

Help on box for two fi sp4 18"s

Mikewood21

Hello everybody I'm a noob on here and I need some ideas. I own a jeep srt8 and I just ordered two fi sp4 18"s and two crescendo bc 3500s.

I need help with a enclosure design. I have roughly about 13 to 14 cubic of air space available. My dimensions are 43l 43w 32h. I want to give each

Sub about 6 to 7 cubic ft each and also want interchangeable ports. One tuned to 36 hz and 33hz.. . I emailed the tech from fi

And he told to do between 6 to 8 cubic ft a driver with 12 to 16"in of port times the cubic ft of the driver, he also said that fr some reason

Aeroports are louder than rectangular ports in suv style vehicles. I never heard or ran with aeroports which leaves me skeptical about that.

He said get four 6" aeroports and tune it 33 hz. How in the he'll do you do that. I look online just nw at wat a aeroport really is and that's looks little, it dose not

Appear that big in size so to me it's like wat the he'll kind of bass can come out of little things. And people one more thing I no this a hard thing to answer but given

With the power I have (crescendo's) and proper box do you guys think I can get to the 153 to 154 db range if everything is done properly..

CAN YOU POST PICS OF YOUR SRT8 NICE SUV BRO

aka KHRISS

Not sure but i have no dampening & i do it for fun so i never really push it, i have a family & mortgage so cant afford to just blow shit whenever

I no y you not hitting as hard as you can because your getting mic at 46 hz. If your box is tuned to 33 then it will hit it's hardest note at 33 hz. That's like my box with the 15"s it plays all notes but some notes play louder than others but since my box is tuned to 38

hz I hit my hardest at 38 hz. I be willing to bet you probaly can hit a 154 at 33 to 35 hz easy with no problem.

Are you sure you know what you are talking about?

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

Not sure but i have no dampening & i do it for fun so i never really push it, i have a family & mortgage so cant afford to just blow shit whenever

I no y you not hitting as hard as you can because your getting mic at 46 hz. If your box is tuned to 33 then it will hit it's hardest note at 33 hz. That's like my box with the 15"s it plays all notes but some notes play louder than others but since my box is tuned to 38

hz I hit my hardest at 38 hz. I be willing to bet you probaly can hit a 154 at 33 to 35 hz easy with no problem.

i dont think he does ive heard its hard as a mofo to hit in the 150s at 33-35 hz rofl

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

Hello everybody I'm a noob on here and I need some ideas. I own a jeep srt8 and I just ordered two fi sp4 18"s and two crescendo bc 3500s.

I need help with a enclosure design. I have roughly about 13 to 14 cubic of air space available. My dimensions are 43l 43w 32h. I want to give each

Sub about 6 to 7 cubic ft each and also want interchangeable ports. One tuned to 36 hz and 33hz.. . I emailed the tech from fi

And he told to do between 6 to 8 cubic ft a driver with 12 to 16"in of port times the cubic ft of the driver, he also said that fr some reason

Aeroports are louder than rectangular ports in suv style vehicles. I never heard or ran with aeroports which leaves me skeptical about that.

He said get four 6" aeroports and tune it 33 hz. How in the he'll do you do that. I look online just nw at wat a aeroport really is and that's looks little, it dose not

Appear that big in size so to me it's like wat the he'll kind of bass can come out of little things. And people one more thing I no this a hard thing to answer but given

With the power I have (crescendo's) and proper box do you guys think I can get to the 153 to 154 db range if everything is done properly..

Yea I post some tomorrow morning,,, but how do you post pics on here.

Yea I post some tomorrow morning,,, but how do you post pics on here.

tinypic.com or photobucket then copy the image code then paste it here

aka KHRISS

I no exactly wat I'm talking bout, if you have a box tuned to 35 hz your hardest bass line will be @35hz. It won't be a 40 something hz because your box is not tuned to that frequency, evennthough it will still play that hz buy I can guarantee that your loudest will be wat your box is tuned to.

I no exactly wat I'm talking bout, if you have a box tuned to 35 hz your hardest bass line will be @35hz. It won't be a 40 something hz because your box is not tuned to that frequency, evennthough it will still play that hz buy I can guarantee that your loudest will be wat your box is tuned to.

wrong.. ur peak can be higher or even lower than what the box is tuned to...happens all the time

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

i dont think he does ive heard its hard as a mofo to hit in the 150s at 33-35 hz rofl

It's not that hard if you power and the rite equipment it can be done , I have a buddy of mine who hits a 152.7 @34 hz on two mmatts jugguarnut 18"s and two mmatts 3000.1s

Archived