Ignition Wire Keeps Poppin Fuse

well when your done wasting money and you find the problem was the wire gettine to hot then talk to me. and for the other guy. it does noe matter what year rav4 they are notorious for that problem. but then again i forgot i'm not a authorized installer wh actually went to school for security systems through viper. no not at all

Well I am an authorized installer(mecp) and have had snake pit training... and do in the nature of 6-10remote starts a day right now. And I'm telling you too small gauge of wire is not his problem.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

well when your done wasting money and you find the problem was the wire gettine to hot then talk to me. and for the other guy. it does noe matter what year rav4 they are notorious for that problem. but then again i forgot i'm not a authorized installer wh actually went to school for security systems through viper. no not at all

if you say the wire is gettin too hot already, bumping the main power wire up to a bigger gauge would only free up more current correct? I didnt mean to start an argument. I just wanted to know what the problem could be. Ill get home next friday and figure it out. Thanks anyway you guys.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

i apologize if i came off like a asshat. i was not trying to. but, on alot of the newer car for some reason the ignition wires get extremely hot when ever we add remote start or keyless entry. i know that there are some wires in that same panel as the ign and the locks that share a fuse. thats why we replace the main power to the unit with 10 awg and atleast a 30 amp fuse. and yes it would only free up more current but it would let the current go through a bigger wire keeping it cooler

Edited by reinke

----reference's----

meade916

• 5 weeks later...
i apologize if i came off like a asshat. i was not trying to. but, on alot of the newer car for some reason the ignition wires get extremely hot when ever we add remote start or keyless entry. i know that there are some wires in that same panel as the ign and the locks that share a fuse. thats why we replace the main power to the unit with 10 awg and atleast a 30 amp fuse. and yes it would only free up more current but it would let the current go through a bigger wire keeping it cooler

alright man, I finally got home and got to ordering some more equipment so I picked up the 10 gauge. But where am I running it to and from?

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

bump just for an answer. :rolleyes:

bump just for an answer. :rolleyes:

Bigger wires is not going to fix your problem... i'm telling you this. I do grand prixes, terezzas, rendevous, 300c, chargers, magnums, ram 1500s, etc... all day that have like 22gauge ign, acc, and starter wires. All these do is activate either a relay or tell the bcm what to do. they don't need to carry large ammounts of current, there is no reason to upgrade them. You could run 10gauge from your battery to the remote starts 12v but that's all I would do... if that. Usually we don't even do that if everything is negative trigger...

Alright I pulled up the install manual for your unit.. what wire is fused the larger yellow ign wire, or your smaller yellow ign wire? tell me this and we'll go from there.

Edited by Shyne151

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

Bigger wires is not going to fix your problem... i'm telling you this. I do grand prixes, terezzas, rendevous, 300c, chargers, magnums, ram 1500s, etc... all day that have like 22gauge ign, acc, and starter wires. All these do is activate either a relay or tell the bcm what to do. they don't need to carry large ammounts of current, there is no reason to upgrade them. You could run 10gauge from your battery to the remote starts 12v but that's all I would do... if that. Usually we don't even do that if everything is negative trigger...

Alright I pulled up the install manual for your unit.. what wire is fused the larger yellow ign wire, or your smaller yellow ign wire? tell me this and we'll go from there.

the only fuse that pops is on the thicker gauged red wire. but there are two of them so its quite possible that I may have just swapped the fuses since the one in the other red wire is a 25 amp.

So I dont know why I didnt think of this before but I also brought up the install manual of the 5100RS. Very first 2 wires, RED WIRE A and RED WIRE B both say they should have at least 25A supply. Im not sure how I possibly could have missed that, and wonder why there wasnt a 25A fuse in the kit like the rest of the fuses, not to mention why there was a a 2 amp fuse in there. But anyway, I really appreciate the help you guys gave me. Ill try out a 25a fuse and Im pretty sure that will work. Thanks again.

So I dont know why I didnt think of this before but I also brought up the install manual of the 5100RS. Very first 2 wires, RED WIRE A and RED WIRE B both say they should have at least 25A supply. Im not sure how I possibly could have missed that, and wonder why there wasnt a 25A fuse in the kit like the rest of the fuses, not to mention why there was a a 2 amp fuse in there. But anyway, I really appreciate the help you guys gave me. Ill try out a 25a fuse and Im pretty sure that will work. Thanks again.

That would probably be your problem then.

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

That would probably be your problem then.

I Second that, i read it and was like 2 amp fuse on a dei alarm or remote start? what??? Get your manual out and look to see what fuse rating is needed, if i can remember the thicker wires get 25 amp and the smaller wire to the brain is a 10 amp fuse.

Let us know if this fixes it.

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Polk Audio Font & Rear Stage

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

12" Rockford Fosgate Power HX2

T-Line tuned to 45hz

18"BTL T-line @31Hz (9 weeks pregnant)