Sonic Electronix

Jon your honesty is why I went with SS instead of raammat this time, I'd like fast and honest service when buying a product that is vital

Just giving the facts and allowing people to make the best informed decision possible. And as stated in our mission statement, we are confident that eventually, everyone comes back to us.

What would I gain from badmouthing the competition, especially if there isn't anything to really bitch or complain about? It would be like Mercedes complaining about the brand of tire Porsche decides to use... really damn stupid.

I remember YEARS ago when I was shopping for sound deadening and I contacted Rick about his products and he was a pleasure to talk to. That has always stuck with me.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Not interested in getting some as I already have some. ;)

RaamMat BXT II measures up the the specs Rick has published (60 mils total thickness, 4 mil foil).

The "soft foil" is just that, not on par with our insane "hard" foil, but more like Dynamat Xtreme.

And if I remember correctly, it is also made in the USA, so that's always a plus.

Comes in sheets, not rolls (it use to though). "Natural" butyl colored instead of black.

Really can't say anything negative about it and Rick is an awesome dude!

As stated before, I've never used SS, but I might just out of principle, I like when honest opinions are given instead of competitor bashing. Pretty stand up shit Jon, I will give SS a try JUST because of this!! Thanks

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander
Sony 712

Soundqubed HDS208

Alpine MRV-M500

Transmission line enclosure

Soundqubed wiring

Knu rca

XS Power battery

CNF terminals

In my opinion the only brands(that I know of) of CLD worth using are Second Skin and Sound deadener show down, based on quality and CS. They are probably the most expensive, but for a reason. If you think you need massive amounts of CLD then you might be going about it the wrong way.

I totally agree. Far too often people are overusing or misusing sound deadener and it's a crying shame.

Personally there are only a handful of products that I would ever consider using and I have stated this many times.

For me I use a weird formula based on performance to price ratio x coverage needed to achieve the best results.

Example:

I have 20 sq. ft. of surface area I need to treat.

25% panel coverage = 5 sq. ft. of material

(optional - add 15%-20% more for just in case = about 1 sq. ft. more)

Total amount of product needed = 6 sq. ft.

Price of top product I am considering - $5.00 a sq. ft. x 6 sq. ft. = $30.00

If cheaper product requires 1.5-2 times as much product, so 9-12 sq. ft., to equal the same results...

Price of cheaper product I am considering - $3.50 a sq. ft. x 9-12 sq. ft. = $31.50 - $42.00

This is why the argument from those using two, three, or even four layers of roofing material or even an inferior product is completely asinine because it never comes out cheaper.

Ok enough ranting for this morning. :pardon:

usa_render4.png

Lol you said ass

It is awesome how he tells it how it is tho!

LOL I thought he called me an ass too... then I looked closer. Reading fails me quite often :D

Honesty is always the best policy so I try to be as transparent as possible.

usa_render4.png

In my opinion the only brands(that I know of) of CLD worth using are Second Skin and Sound deadener show down, based on quality and CS. They are probably the most expensive, but for a reason. If you think you need massive amounts of CLD then you might be going about it the wrong way.

I totally agree. Far too often people are overusing or misusing sound deadener and it's a crying shame.

Personally there are only a handful of products that I would ever consider using and I have stated this many times.

For me I use a weird formula based on performance to price ratio x coverage needed to achieve the best results.

Example:

I have 20 sq. ft. of surface area I need to treat.

25% panel coverage = 5 sq. ft. of material

(optional - add 15%-20% more for just in case = about 1 sq. ft. more)

Total amount of product needed = 6 sq. ft.

Price of top product I am considering - $5.00 a sq. ft. x 6 sq. ft. = $30.00

If cheaper product requires 1.5-2 times as much product, so 9-12 sq. ft., to equal the same results...

Price of cheaper product I am considering - $3.50 a sq. ft. x 9-12 sq. ft. = $31.50 - $42.00

This is why the argument from those using two, three, or even four layers of roofing material or even an inferior product is completely asinine because it never comes out cheaper.

Ok enough ranting for this morning. :pardon:

I used to be one of those guys before I knew any better. I got the same performance using 25% coverage with quality CLD as 2 layers of quick roof with 100% coverage. It worked out to be a similar price, but the additional install time, finger cuts , and weight make it a no brainer.