Sonic Electronix

Hello SMD!!!

I looked on the forms and couldn't find a topic that covers this. So I apologize if there is one..

I have a 92 Civic Hatchback that I'm getting ready to lay down some SS but I want to know if anyone has done one of these before and if so then where should I apply it and where shouldn't I apply it..

FYI

I'm taking out all the interior and cleaning the inside of the car before I lay it..

Any knowledged help will be greatly appreciated..

2001 Ford Expedition

2 SA 12's

Crescendo 2000

M.E.C.A. 141.4 DB

Any CLD tile is designed to eliminate resonance. That being said, if you're using a high quality product like SS then a single layer of 25%(IMO 50% at the most) coverage in the middle of the panel will take care of any resonance.

Ok I understand that, but I want to know should I ss the whole car or just certain areas?

2001 Ford Expedition

2 SA 12's

Crescendo 2000

M.E.C.A. 141.4 DB

What are you installing, what's the enclosure like, where is it firing, what is the condition of the vehicle trim, body, and attachments, what kind of power, what is your goal, and what can you afford?

If you can afford to do it all, then why not. If you can't, doors, roof, floor, hatch would definitely be the target areas.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Ok the only reason I asked this question is because I heard some people tell me that I should only ss certain parts of the car because if I do the whole car I lose out on money because I dont need to do all of it..... so I thought I would ask here since there is so many pro's here..

2001 Ford Expedition

2 SA 12's

Crescendo 2000

M.E.C.A. 141.4 DB

You might need to do full coverage on the doors to help with midbass but no need to do the whole car 100%, it really depends on your power level and amount of flex you need to get under control.

Ok well I plan on putting 2 sundown 12's hooked up to a cersendo, undecided on mids and highs, or head unit... all run 1/0 gauge wire, with big 3...

2001 Ford Expedition

2 SA 12's

Crescendo 2000

M.E.C.A. 141.4 DB