Second Skin Audio

temporary glue joint repair?

baaudio

so my 18 just had the cone tear from the coil. it seems like a pretty clean failure. but is it okay to glue this with some more ca til i get my recone?

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

Its worth a shot. But don't over do it cause the extra weight is not good. I had a re sx 18 that did the same thing and I used apoxy from the hard ware store and it worked fine. The subs still going strong. My freinds got it now and had no problems at all and he hammers it everyday

glue the crap out of it

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Any recommendations on what glue? I know some guys use CA or epoxy. But what's gonna work best

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

i used 2 part epoxy from harbor freight, the stuff that holds 1200lbs per inch..

i had a aq hdc3 18 that had a failed triple joint and ripped spiders.. epoxyd that bitch up and finished killing it

ca glue will work also.. ( i order fi's glue they sell on their website)

Archived