Wiring problem... Im stumped

Ok so i went to wire my 2 D1 lvl 4s to my 1.2k amp today and i had my gains set right and everything. Wired them in series/parrael down to 1ohm. And i went to test them and nothing. The amp is on(not in protect). So i checked everything out and realized that when i turn the HU volume up high (like 50-62) i can hear the subs but they arent playing very loud at all. like 10 watts loud... So i used a DMM to check what im reading on my box terminals and i have 1 ohm there and at my amp. I checked the POWER and GROUND on the amp and was reading 14 volts resting. So while everything was wired up i played music and checked the voltage going to the subs, and it as reading practically 0. So the subs arent getting any power. I checked all of the fuses and non are blown. I mean, all of the doors play the music just not the subs. Im guessing its the RCAs or my HU but i dont know how to see. Has anyone had this problem or can anyone help me out with the troubleshooting to figure out whats wrong? Thanks guys.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

Rca's are connected.....right?

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Rca's are connected.....right?

haha yes. When i plugged them in i accidentally had my car running and it did that pop sound. But is was really low. like not loud at all. And i knew that sound was not good but because it was so quite it wouldnt mess anything up. But my friend says he thinks that when i did that i blew the Fuse in the HU for the RCAs.... but idk.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

try your other RCA outs, you could have fried that RCA connectors, so take the mids and highs RCAs and plug them into the sub RCA and see if that fixes it, if so, your sub RCA connectors are fucked, and you can use your mids and highs RCA output

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Check the head unit and the fuses. And swap the rca's and see if that's the problem.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

well i only have 1 set on the back of my radio and no mids and highs amp yet. But im starting to thing my HU is the one that is F-ed up.

edit: idk how its messed up though...

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

well i only have 1 set on the back of my radio and no mids and highs amp yet. But im starting to thing my HU is the one that is F-ed up.

edit: idk how its messed up though...

pioneer with only 1 set of RCA outs? or just 1 sub out? whats the model number?

you should have

3 Sets of outputs (front and rear/subwoofer

its ok to use front or rear

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Yeah, my friends Pioneer HU did that. We don't know how it happened...guess it was a fault fuse, just returned it and got a new one.

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Archived