Wiring problem... Im stumped

well when i check my wiring at the terminals on the box i get 1ohm. and i dont have another HU. im gonna do what ray is saying. Then if i get the same result i will test if they are out of phase. If i get bass i will have to get a new HU. i guess thats the best way to figure out the issue.

bro, you DO realize that checking for phase takes literally 5 fucking seconds? thats what half of this damn thread has been about.

well when i check my wiring at the terminals on the box i get 1ohm. and i dont have another HU. im gonna do what ray is saying. Then if i get the same result i will test if they are out of phase. If i get bass i will have to get a new HU. i guess thats the best way to figure out the issue.

bro, you DO realize that checking for phase takes literally 5 fucking seconds? thats what half of this damn thread has been about.

thank you!!!

i will put money on it that its out of phase i have done this enough times to know what the symptoms are

who wants to bet? my money is on out of phase

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

you cant say that you KNOW something is right when you havent checked it. if some of you remember my thread a while back about me shorting out a wire and i swore up and down that all the fuses were fine when i didnt even check the ones under the hood. went to go install the new wire that i thought i smoked, and lo and behold there was a blown fuse under the hood. i assume you already know how much i felt like a dumbass when i realized that.

you cant say that you KNOW something is right when you havent checked it. if some of you remember my thread a while back about me shorting out a wire and i swore up and down that all the fuses were fine when i didnt even check the ones under the hood. went to go install the new wire that i thought i smoked, and lo and behold there was a blown fuse under the hood. i assume you already know how much i felt like a dumbass when i realized that.

The amplifier won't even turn on if it was a blown fuse....right?

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

not trying to derail thread, but it was a fuse for the headunit circuit. had nothing to do with the amp. i accidentally shorted 12v to ground (ouch) on the headunit harness when installing a new volt meter because my stinger took a crap

edit: but if the amp doesnt turn on, it COULD be the fuse, but theres no way to tell 100% for sure without knowing anything further

not trying to derail thread, but it was a fuse for the headunit circuit. had nothing to do with the amp. i accidentally shorted 12v to ground (ouch) on the headunit harness when installing a new volt meter because my stinger took a crap

edit: but if the amp doesnt turn on, it COULD be the fuse, but theres no way to tell 100% for sure without knowing anything further

Ah lol I thought you were talking about the fuse to the amp +...blonde moment. was asking myself "Wtf is he talking about"

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Could not have turn on.

Some amps light up even with shitty rem on but arent actually on.

Check with multimeter.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Check rca voltage also put dmm on ac v put red wire on center pin black on outer shield turn up volume....if setting isn't auto on dmm start with mv setting and see what it reads... should get at least 2v out at full volume 4v on 4v deck etc

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

well i regret pulling this thread up again, because clearly its out of phase; now that i have been told how to check for phasing issues... how do i fix it? do i just adjust the phase knob on the amp and keep doing it until they hit together at the same time? and then im good?

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

Archived