Second Skin Audio

Bracing With Allthread

zaxfire69

Ok today I am gonna go and purchase the materials needed to allthread brace my box. I am gonna buy 2 bars. Here is one of my questions..I know I am gonna need 2 lock nuts 2 large washers to distribute the forces. Am I gonna need 2 nuts and washers or 4 nuts and washers..I figure 2 lock nuts and washers for the outside..What about the inside..Will I need Nut and washer for the inside of the box, kinda make a sandwhich...You guys understand what I am saying?? Here is a video showing what I am talking about. Don't know who's setup it is but it shows the all thread well. Thanks

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/Adire/tempest15.2.wmv

it can't hurt to to use 4 nuts and washers, but as long as u are usin the lock nuts u should be fine as well

Do you read ur own response b4 you post?...or just type ur gut reaction and headbutt the enter key? :blink:

How bout this, the Caddy sounds so damn good it can put a smile on a "deaf mans" face :)

mat then mix hardener into resin and soak mat. beeeeeyaw glassing for n00bs

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

probably overkill, but when i did mine i did a washer and nut on the outside, because I needed it to be flush, then a washer and 2 nuts on the inside of each piece of MDF. It was very strong

SMDsigbannr4.jpg

play Moola.com its actually fun and free...

click here to join Money games!

its just games with free money!

It goes like this,

Nut, washer, box, washer, nut, repeat

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Thats what I wanted to know. I am super Stoked about doing this today..I am a little concerned though..Cause the Back of my port is gonna have to have a hole drilled into it cause it has got to go through it as well cause it goes to about the middle or a little past the middle of my box..I shouldn't have a problem out of that though should I? I am going to drill it just big enough for the all thread to go through. Thanks everyone for the help..I love this forum I have built this box and you guys are helping me along the way..I love it. Thanks.

Archived