Thanks for all the great comments and encouragement guys. This has been a RE-learning experience for me. I'm making my fair share of mistakes throughout the process, but the fact that I'm just doing it for fun has given me the freedom to take my time and do it right even if I had to redo things. I still have a very long way to go, but I'm still enjoying myself.

Here's the progress:

Not much to see, I know. Today we took care of little things so there are no pictures. SOOOO SOOOOORRRRYYYY!

Here's yesterdays progress. I spent some time cleaning up the lines between the two panels.

a3dd2d58.jpg

5cadae22.jpg

46c2e8ee.jpg

TOMORROW IS MY FIRST WRAP DAY!!!!! WOOHOOO!!!! You should see some vinyl tomorrow. Unless something goes horribly wrong I should be able to get the back end wrapped. I also need to put the finishing touches on the panel I didn't take pictures of today beofe I wrap it too.

Sorry again, I slacked on pictures. too busy getting things done. tomorrow should be different.... later!

Mann! All the stuff Im missing out on cuz I have to leave for work at lame Wing Stop every other night when the business starts happening. Though I don't mind leaving the sanding and body filler for rest of the team to finish, can't complain about that ;-) Robert is your sensitive skin okay with that 36 grit :( You know I have plenty baby lotion if you need ;-)

-WyLA

What you looking at ? - "Dave"

Wow. I don't want to know why you have "Plenty of Baby Lotion"

HEY EVERYONE!!!!!!!

Today was the first WRAP DAY!!!!!!

Got great pics for you....

3b65beb7.jpg

60fba7f0.jpg

0af3ba27.jpg

19b7bc22.jpg

3f1fbae3.jpg

99ce7d32.jpg

67afdd2d.jpg

22fdec23.jpg

66d13ba0.jpg

8e15607c.jpg

I can't lie, I had some frustrated moments while doing this, but I'm pleased with the results. It's not prefect, but it's my first serious wrap job in 8 years so it kicked my ass a little, but it turned out OK. See ya tomorrow...

Funky Lu

WYLA Designs

What Ya Lookin At?

This is turning out REALLY well just like your last project in the explorer

Great work man

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

Got a bit accomplished this weekend. Here's the progress:

Framed the top panels that mold the box into the rest of the box into the B pillars, applied resin, and a couple of skim coats of body filler.

f7aacfcc.jpg

44c62104.jpg

Sanded, sanded, sanded.

d87b5091.jpg

8ad8e983.jpg

Also spent a little time on the back end of the car. We still have to finish the piece above the amplifier.

accf2a30.jpg

426e93ed.jpg

Still needs some finish work before wrapping.

be821ed4.jpg

And I wrapped some pieces.

19f84a58.jpg

This is my old window tinter's squeegee. I love this thing for wrapping vinyl. Without BS, this thing is around 18 years old now.

4c7935a5.jpg

The dome light goes in the center with its own little bezel so I have to wrap that separately.

91271003.jpg

bd88b7af.jpg

Tomorrow's work. We all took turns sanding on this all day today, It's a huge piece and there were a lot of imperfections due to my completely wrong choice in materials to create it. For those of you that don't know the back story, I haven't done this in many years. Back then I would use trunk liner material to hold my resin. SO I went to my upholstery supplier and asked for trunk liner. I didn't realize TL has changed since the last time I bought some. This stuff has some kind of backing on it and it doesn't stretch. AS I have progressed through this project I have come to realize it is completely the wrong stuff to use. I will be joining you guys that use fleece to do this type of work in the near future. I will have to find some trunks to line with my abundance of Trunk Liner...

now that I have ranted about BS trunk liner enough, here's the piece I'm talking about. You've seen it before. Although it isn't ready in this picture, It is ready for wrap now and will be the first thing I do when I get home from work tomorrow. I plan on wrapping it in one piece of vinyl. There should be lots of cussing going on... just wait and see...

669f3cc9.jpg

That's this weekend's progress. Hope you enjoyed the pictures. I certainly enjoyed the work. I really miss this stuff (cussing and all)...Later for now...

Funky Lu

WYLA Designs

What Ya Lookin At?

Orgasmitific......

Blowthrough

Subs
rebuild
Amps
1-SAZ3500
1-T4004

Coaxial

1Set Alpine Type-R Components

1 Set- kicker ks 5.2
1 Set- Kicker ks 6x8

Reciever
Pioneer DEH-P7400HD

2000 Ford F-150 EXT Cab

Clarion EQ

ra56jo.jpg

I accomplished one thing today... only one thing... it doesn't seem right that this took me 2 and a half hours, but I got it done. I wrapped the lower panel in one piece of vinyl.

02e51336.jpg

You like it?

Just kidding... here's the progress.

fa4e2320.jpg

a6390ae8.jpg

I just wiped it down with a cleanser so it's wet in the pictures. It turned out 95% right. I got two bubbles as the glue kept giving up on me. I kept having to respray. I will probably get those with a syringe later. David helped a lot. I'm especially proud of this panel being completed in one piece. David was a little shocked at how hard it was to do (and I only cussed three times the whole time), but I let hime know this is probably the hardest wrapping job he would ever have to contend with. If you disagree, feel free to let me know.

Robert ran all the wires in the car while we did it. Unfortunately the wrapping was so time consuming that I didn't get any pics of the wiring. Tomorrow we start assembly of these panels inside the car.

Funky Lu

WYLA Designs

What Ya Lookin At?

I love this build! Very good work, man you have skills!

1989 Dodge D150, 318 LA; Holley Fuel InjectionBuild Log:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/72838-dc-dodge-d150-blowthrough-thread-updated-pics-fixed-2-level-4-15s-wlvl-5-coils/Truck Add-ons: 20" rims2/4 drop15% tintBucket seatsK&N air filterSmog Pump deleteStereoWORK IN PROGRESS2 DC Level 4 15s with Level 5 Coils1 Audiopipe AP15001D (Soon to be a Crescendo BC3500)JBL 650W amp (unsure of model)4 6x9 Rockford Prime 3 ways2 Soundstream TWS.4 Dome tweetersKnuKonceptz 1/0 Power Wire

*3 Kinetik 2400s and a Mechman 270A alt in the future*

Archived