Power Acoustik Bullet Tweeter Question

lagexe

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_37222_Power-Acoustik-NX-6.html

What is the yellow thing? I think some tweets come with a resistor to change impedance from 4->8, or something like that. Others I think have a cap to filter bass, but what the heck does this one do. I'm no electrician, so I don't know how to decipher what it is, or if I should put my speaker input on it, or skip it.

Thanks for the help!

Pic below of the yellow *thingy*

pa-nx6.jpg

If I have an amp with hpf on and the freq set high, do I "need" it to keep the tweet playing for a year or 2 (no I don't turn my HU all the way up, and I don't set my amps higher than HU-output)? If it will not take my spl down that would be great, if it's a noticeable difference I dunno if I want that.

If I have an amp with hpf on and the freq set high, do I "need" it to keep the tweet playing for a year or 2 (no I don't turn my HU all the way up, and I don't set my amps higher than HU-output)? If it will not take my spl down that would be great, if it's a noticeable difference I dunno if I want that.

what the hell did you just say :shrug:

Anyone know when the audioques tweets coming back?! I finally pulled the trigger to get a pair, and they no in stock..

2008 TBSS Black Granite

Alpine CDA-117

Clarion EQS746

AudioQue Supertweets @ dash

Alpine DDT-s30 @ b pillars

Alpine SPR-60c @ front doors

Alpine SPR-60 @ rear doors

Alpine PDX-f4

Second Skin DampPro

KNUkonceptz Wiring

DCpower 270amp alt

Optima YT underhood *temp

Two15DCxls

Hifonics bxi2610 *temp

saz4500 and 4 xp3000s coming soon.

what the hell did you just say :shrug:

Sorry for the delay:

Do I need the inline crossover (yellow thing) if I plan on using my amp to do all the bass-cleaning. I'll have the amp pushing the tweeter set to HPF and the frequency block of the HPF turned up kinda high. I only ask if I "Need" the inline crossover because I'm afraid it will lower the db of the tweeter. If I don't need it, I don't want to use, but I don't know if I need it or not. :pardon: