Second Skin Audio

More punch

Iv noticed smaller boxes tend to have a lil more punch to them

shit yeh forgot bout that one. my box im building is already about 5 ft3 haha, its a tuff decision i loove the lows, but i like a nice punch

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

haha if you supercharge your motor you will notice more punch. the box tuning really wont affect your punch that much i wouldnt think. the motor is the motor and unless you get more mottor or more cone area the punch will be same. best bet is SC if possible then adding more motor strength

true true, my buddy with a 9512 changes his box to around 37 hz, n was able to turn high pass up more making it punch pretty nice. Right now with my tuning my DD doesnt like to have high pass turned up anymore than it is right now, so theirs not much punch.. but hey gotta love the lowwssss

im tuned to 37 hz with my 2 2510s and they hit me in the chest real nice

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

haha if you supercharge your motor you will notice more punch. the box tuning really wont affect your punch that much i wouldnt think. the motor is the motor and unless you get more mottor or more cone area the punch will be same. best bet is SC if possible then adding more motor strength

true true, my buddy with a 9512 changes his box to around 37 hz, n was able to turn high pass up more making it punch pretty nice. Right now with my tuning my DD doesnt like to have high pass turned up anymore than it is right now, so theirs not much punch.. but hey gotta love the lowwssss

how many cubes is your box? shit i wanna try a smaller box and put tuning around 37 hz just for a fun project when im bored now and see what difference it makes

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

how many cubes is your box? shit i wanna try a smaller box and put tuning around 37 hz just for a fun project when im bored now and see what difference it makes

i have a seperate box for each woofer. double baffle front. and they each get 1.5 on the dot net. but im gunna build a new shared chamber box giving them 1.7 each. the SC allows for a bigger box due to more control of the woofer. bigger box= hopefully bigger sound while still retaining punch

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

i have a seperate box for each woofer. double baffle front. and they each get 1.5 on the dot net. but im gunna build a new shared chamber box giving them 1.7 each. the SC allows for a bigger box due to more control of the woofer. bigger box= hopefully bigger sound while still retaining punch

How does the current box im building sound to you?

Outer dim.

16" high

28" wide

30" deep

Port

2.5" high

26.5" wide

26" long

Net vol. 4.13 ft.^3

tuning freq. 36.33hz

Port area per ft. 16.03 in sq ?

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

How does the current box im building sound to you?

Outer dim.

16" high

28" wide

30" deep

Port

2.5" high

26.5" wide

26" long

Net vol. 4.13 ft.^3

tuning freq. 36.33hz

Port area per ft. 16.03 in sq ?

2.5x26.5 port might give you port noise

how so? i had a guy design this for me since i dont have the most experience with ports

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Yea def dont tune the box at 30, i heard a DD 9518 in a box at 30 hz....eh not too good

What didnt you like about it ? sorry my system is the only one ive herd other than majorly wrong made boxes with kickers in them lol, oh forgot to say i eefed up on my current box and it has 10 in. port per foot instead of 16-17 so its choking , i dont no what the difference between the current box and my new box will be but well see

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's