Second Skin Audio

3 12'' s in a civic!! trunk build

I know a lot of people will toss out the idea but fuck it. I want to do as much as humanly possible while staying within the confines of my trunk. I have tossed the idea around about doing a ported enclosure for 3 12" s in the trunk and might have a breakthrough. If i really wanted to i can do a sealed enclosure but i want the extra output of the ported.

for three LVL4's does anyone think this even worth a try?

rough mockup with a drafting program and rough port length using torres. 25 sq.in. of port on each side ROUGHLY 4 in. long or so

312sport.jpg

pardon me im abit shwasted lol

edit. doubl;e baffle for the subs and tuning about 35hz. also top piece would cover the entire 36 x 28 square

Edited by KickerKid58

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2 DC Level4 12"

Soundstream TA1.3000d

4 RF Punch 6.5" Components

2 RF Punch 3.5" 2-ways

RF Prime 400.4D

XS Power XP950 +&-run of XScorpion 1/0 OFC My Civic Build

What kind of civic? Year and model?

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Looks like an awesome idea if anything the ports look like where your going to have all the fun.

SuperBass

check out⊂ http://www.youtube.com/Bassknots

129.3 meca 136.8 db drag (60 hz peak)

http://bassknotsstereo.blogspot.com/

comment/subscribe and stay tuned ,working on 150 db http://www.stevemead...r/page__st__380

Never seen anything like that and honestly don't know how well it would work (good or bad). I would assume a lot of port turbulence though.

Why not just do 2 lvl4's sealed off if space is an issue? The 3rd sub won't make a jaw-dropping difference and I wouldn't be surprised if just 2 sealed off would be louder.

Oh and don't use any cardboard, staples, or tape on this box lmao

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

99 lx. Id love to wall it but its simply not an option unfortunately :shrug: but i agree with the ports. heres what i have on torres, i added the open space in front of the middle sub to the bracing. otherwise just split the port volume in two.

312storres.jpg

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2 DC Level4 12"

Soundstream TA1.3000d

2 RF Punch 3.5" 2-ways

RF Prime 400.4D

Something doesn't sit right with me on that middle sub. I feel like the middle sub would act like its in a 6th order

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

With a depth of 28, you're most likely gonna have to build that inside the trunk or it's not gonna fit any way you try lol. Speaking from experience on that one! I would love to see this idea come into action though. And screw what DjCrush says :P make a 'cut to size' cardboard mock-up box and see if you can get it in and out.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Oh and don't use any cardboard, staples, or tape on this box lmao

I WILL USE ALL OF THE ABOVE DAMMIT!!! :peepwall:

LMAO naww i hear what your sayin. i can fit a solid ported box for two lvl 4s but i was just in the 'cone area= king' mentality and just trying to think of a way to squeeze em in. and of course this is a budget build so avoiding the upgrade to lvl 5s and redonkulous power amounts is present unfortunately :nea:

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2 DC Level4 12"

Soundstream TA1.3000d

2 RF Punch 3.5" 2-ways

RF Prime 400.4D

With a depth of 28, you're most likely gonna have to build that inside the trunk or it's not gonna fit any way you try lol. Speaking from experience on that one! I would love to see this idea come into action though. And screw what DjCrush says :P make a 'cut to size' cardboard mock-up box and see if you can get it in and out.

i might just meet up with the guy i sold my 2 15s to so i can measure up the box they were in. i wanna say it was just about 6 cuft or so but i cant recall. super tight fit none the less lol

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2 DC Level4 12"

Soundstream TA1.3000d

2 RF Punch 3.5" 2-ways

RF Prime 400.4D