New computer build video card question

A little off topic. I hope you are using Windows 7 Ultimate on your PC or that 16GB is useless.

Why is that? As long as he's running 64-bit, Home Premium and Professional will both recognize 16Gb of RAM.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

For what you will be doing, an Nvidia GTX550ti would be perfect. It's inexpensive and it packs a punch. I have installed two of these so far in different systems and for the money they are a great choice.

2010 F150 FX4
-18" AA Mayhem
-Crescendo BC3500d
-Pioneer GM-D9500F 4-channel
-2 Crescendo FT1

-2 Crescendo Neo Forte 6.5

-Pioneer AVH-P3300BT
-6000K HID Headlights/Fog lights
-All LED interior lighting
-20% tint on front windows, 1% rear windows, 5% windshield strip
-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga)

-DC Power 270XP

-Group 65 NorthStar AGM battery

Coming soon/plans:

-Build log
-Blacked out mirror reflectors
-Tinted tails/3rd brake light

yeh exactly. As long as hes using 64 bit he can use as much ram as he wants. if he uses 32 bit it will lock the ram at 3.25gb

Home Premium will see up to 16GB. Professional and Ultimate will both see up to 192GB. I don't know why Microsoft capped them but he'll be fine with 16GB as long as he's using 64-bit Win7

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I got an RMA number from newegg and had my wife send back one of the sets of RAM. I did order the rest of the parts for this build and according to the tracking info it should be there sometime on Friday. I will put up a full list of everything I have later and hopefully I will have everything to get this up and running once I get home....Thanks again for all the advice, and yes it is a 64bit system...

• 4 weeks later...

A little update on this....I made it back to the States. It's great to be on American soil again!!!!! Got everything assembled and went to load the OS and my product key code is expired, so I have to buy a new copy of Windows 7.....other than that is is all working and just not a genuine copy of Windows 7 until I get a new one....I had a problem with the initial startup and having the CPU fan connector going into the fan controller (Scythe Kaze Master Pro). I unplugged it from the fan controller and put it directly to the MB and all was good after that...I haven't put any of the temp sensors in that can be monitored with the fan controller yet. I don't think I will have any problems with cooling in this rig. It is a very nice clean install.

I forgot to add the link to the pics...I had to make two fan splitters to create 2 zones for the fans that are mounted to my side panel so I would have enough channels on the fan controller to control them. Here is a link to the album where the pics are. Enjoy. I will get more pics of the completed install later after I get the OS installed and get it all running good.

http://s1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb424/bmxscion/Computer%20Build/

Updated link with a few new pics....

Updated link again with more new pics of the case fan lighting

A little update on this....I made it back to the States. It's to be on American soil again!!!!! Got everything assembled and went to load the OS and my product key code is expired, so I have to buy a new copy of Windows 7.....other than that is is all working and just not a genuine copy of Windows 7 until I get a new one....I had a problem with the initial startup and having the CPU fan connector going into the fan controller (Scythe Kaze Master Pro). I unplugged it from the fan controller and put it directly to the MB and all was good after that...I haven't put any of the temp sensors in that can be monitored with the fan controller yet. I don't think I will have any problems with cooling in this rig. It is a very nice clean install.

I forgot to add the link to the pics...I had to make two fan splitters to create 2 zones for the fans that are mounted to my side panel so I would have enough channels on the fan controller to control them. Here is a link to the album where the pics are. Enjoy. I will get more pics of the completed install later after I get the OS installed and get it all running good.

http://s1205.photobu...mputer%20Build/

Welcome home!!!

Did you already buy a new copy of Windows 7? If not, check your PM box.Nice soldering and cable management by the way. The case looks super clean. Well done!

wtf is lolcats?

You would proably appreciate how everything looks behind the panel where the "mess" of the cables are too...I haven't snapped any pics yet of that, but I will show more pics as I get further along. I do have a new vid cam to try out too (Sony HDR-PJ10) so I could make some vids, but I think vids of computer's are kinda boring. I would rather make some of my sealed box Sundown SD-2 doing work in my car. I turned it on for a little while yesterday and let it play music at a medium level for about an hour then I turned it up a little....It sounds better the louder it gets, but I was at home and didn't want to piss anyone off too much, mostly my wife for "shaking the whole house"....LOL

Just a little update. I have everything installed and working and had a chance to run Heaven Benchmark and IntelBurn Test to get some data on what my setup is doing. Here are a few screenshots:

">http://HeavenBenchmark1-1.gif

">http://IntelBurnTest2-1.gif

Not too shabby according to Maxim. Also a big thanks to Maxim for some great advice and wisdom today during my setup and testing. This is all new to me so I am learning as I go with everything. I had no idea that the BIOS had so many settings and how easy it could be to really mess up a build quite easily....Now to tomorrow will be spent on the car and getting that set up . See my thread in the DD-1 section and help me out there if anyone knows anything about that issue.

Edit: fixed pics

Archived