DC Sound Lab

m2 Level 3 and XL Review

Simply amazing is the only way that I can describe the new m2 Level 3s and XLs.

I was fortunate enough to get my hands on 6 of the prototype m2 Level 3s when I built my original 6 15 flat wall to test. I was running 6 m2 Level 3s on 1 DC 7.5k, charging at 16.8v. I clamped right at 8600-9500w of clean power from the amp depending on the testing frequency, 1433w-1583w per sub. I had absolutely no problems running this power to these 900w RMS rated subs. I was very impressed with the new cooling and overall performance and sound of the new m2 Level 3s. I could barely get the subs warm after a good hour of playing on them.

Disclaimer:

IN NO WAY DO I RECOMMEND JUST ANYONE TO PUT OVER RATED RMS POWER TO THIS OR ANY OTHER SUB. I have spent alot of time learning how to and making sure that I had a perfectly clean, undistorted, signal from front to back(Thank to Steve for making this very simple with the DD1). There are many other factors that come into play when wanting to do this and understanding what it takes comes with experience. If you decide that you want to run more than rated power to a sub, you do so at your own risk.

m2 Level 3s

b02b01b1.jpg

75213222.jpg

e8bf84cd.jpg

Now on to my babies, m2 XLs.

For those of you that have followed my build, you have seen the progression from the 6 m2 Level 3s, to 6 m1 XLs, and then to the 4 m1 XLs in a 4th order, and now the m1s have been replaced with 4 m2 XL 15s.

I have had the m2s installed for a little over a week now and all I can say is WOW! They just keep getting louder and louder every day. I did have mine built with 1 extra stiff spider(stock they come with 4 stiff). I did this because I do plan on putting more power to them in the future and wanted to make sure I had a little extra help in the suspension. They are already noticeably louder to the ear than my m1s were and are handling the power from my 12k MUCH better. I have yet to get any smell from the subs. The new cooling that is machined into the pole and top plate, along with the gap venting in the bottom plate that allows air to circulate around the coil and keep it cool works MUCH MUCH better than the m1 models single pole vent.

Overall I am thrilled with the performance and output of my m2 XLs. All of the upgrades that were made to the m2 line are HUGE upgrades over the m1 line.

m2 XL 15s-

7ee1f72e.jpg

4dd318d5.jpg

m2 on the left and m1 on the right

92eaa12b.jpg

e4b4fba8.jpg

Black and Blue Carbon Kevlar Dustcaps.

02232a31.jpg

Rusty has absolutely out done himself with the new m2 line and I am excited to see what he has in store for the future and am extremely proud to be able to be just a small part of a great company!

Overall Grade- A+

Edited by CJ18

Nice subs and review. :good:

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

once i get my new alt for my Chevy ill leave a review for my new XLs...cant really slam on them now in fear of popping the amp or completely frying the factory alt...i will say from what i have played i LOVE em

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!