Sonic Electronix

Ground wiring for ford explorer?

Ok being as this is a newer car (to me it is) I want to install my wires as cleanly as possible(no cuts) So i was wondering if anyone out there has or has had a explorer and where they may have placed there grounds( i dont have enough 1/0 to reach the neg on battery terminal from the rear). I dont really much care if the wire is not hidden, because i mean come on it 1/0, it just looks cool in my opinion. More info on the vehicle its 1998 2door sport explorer. Ive heard of grounding to the seat mounting points but that apparently can cause road static from what ive been told? Any help is appreciated. Also for potential curious readers (if any) I plan on putting two aq hdc4 18"s with two aq 2200d @ .5 ohm and prolly some batts.

Seems to me everyone grounds to the frame

x2

well thats the general idea, i guess im looking for a more specific answer, like anyone who has had a explorer, where specifically in your rear space did you place your grounds?

i drilled a hole under the backseat, use a grommet, stuck wire through there and attached to frame, than sealed up the hole to keep elements out, and primered the ring terminal and frame to prevent rust

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Archived