Second Skin Audio

seal sub off or rear firing?

I've got a 2003 Camry and am about to start a new build. Going with one 15" Fi BTL N2 D1 on a Sundown SAZ-3000d. Probably going to go with it wired at 2ohms for now, may try .5 or may order a dual 2 ohm recone. Building a 4.8ft3 ported box with an 8" aero tuning low at 28hz.

My question is to do port/sub forward and seal it off and run it with back seat folded down or to put sub firing back and port on drivers side.

I am not after a loud burp or a one-note sub, want a good daily set-up that will get as loud as possible with this single 15 and 3000 watts.

Suggestions?

Port and sub forward sealed off is the best for trunk cars. Next to walling of course.

x2 should sound really good

SOLD

2006 Ford Ranger Single Cab
2 DC XL 15's
2 Crescendo BC2k's
4th Order Blowthrough

CURRENT

2012 Dodge Charger R/T

2 Tantric HD 12's

Ampere 3800

2 XS XP 3000's

I think you should do some testing before deciding on what layout to go with cause what works best in one car might work work as well in the next. In most trunk cars sub/port back works best, but if you're gonna compete you'll most likely get better results going sub/port forward and sealed off. If you go that route, make sure you seal off the rear deck too, you don't want any air getting back into the trunk at all.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Like sqmonte said every car is different. In my grand prix for example I tried every combo possible, and porting through rear deck worked the best in that car.

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

TaylorFade, on 02 Jul 2013 - 9:38 PM, said:

Go back to that place, ask to speak to that dude again, look him dead in the eye and then.... pop him in the snot box.

Tell him T-Fade sent you.

with 13" to play with you may want to consider a pair of 12s vs the one 15. You cna try to fabricate something but the simplicity of fitting the application instead of forcing it is priceless. Consider your time and money. Ultimately the choice is your of course.

Sealed off and ported through the deck is what I would do, with 12s :)

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

DC power kyle had 2 15" SMD firing forward in his 03 camary on 4 RF 2500bdcp's. sealed off firing forward with port going through rear deck. Got stupid low. So you can do a 15 firing forward in that car. Suggest using glass to seal it off on the front of the box.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

DC power kyle had 2 15" SMD firing forward in his 03 camary on 4 RF 2500bdcp's. sealed off firing forward with port going through rear deck. Got stupid low. So you can do a 15 firing forward in that car. Suggest using glass to seal it off on the front of the box.

are there any pics or a build thread on this? I'd really be interested in seeing those.

I think I'm going to build firing rear and port driverside box first and see how bad the trunk rattle is, then in spring try a forward box and seal it off.