where to get quality budget friendly circuit breakers

That's kind of like saying 12" woofers are not good for car audio because they keep blowing.

The trick is to choose the correctly sized breaker for the application. A breaker has a simple task - prevent a fire without becoming a bottlekneck. Choose the incorrect sized breaker and you will trip it often. Choose the correct sized breaker and it will trip when the cable connected to it becomes shorted.

We offer both high quality ANL Fuse Holders and Fuses (up to 500 amps) and Manual Resetting Circuit Breakers (up to 200 Amps). It all depends on your application. I'm not a fan of "bargain" stuff here because they will be a bottleneck.

I have always heard that circuit breakers are less and less reliable each time they are tripped, is this false? I respect your knowledge and if I'm wrong I'd like to know.

Edited by sprkn_ranger

That's kind of like saying 12" woofers are not good for car audio because they keep blowing.

The trick is to choose the correctly sized breaker for the application. A breaker has a simple task - prevent a fire without becoming a bottlekneck. Choose the incorrect sized breaker and you will trip it often. Choose the correct sized breaker and it will trip when the cable connected to it becomes shorted.

We offer both high quality ANL Fuse Holders and Fuses (up to 500 amps) and Manual Resetting Circuit Breakers (up to 200 Amps). It all depends on your application. I'm not a fan of "bargain" stuff here because they will be a bottleneck.

I have always heard that circuit breakers are less and less reliable each time they are tripped, is this false? I respect your knowledge and if I'm wrong I'd like to know.

of course it's true. it's akin to a spring that gets weaker each time it is compressed or stretched. The real question is NOT if they get less and less reliable each time they trip, but rather why do they keep tripping???

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Most circuit breakers are "thermal snap" type which take too long to open the circuit, making them unsuited for protecting electronic equipment.

of course it's true. it's akin to a spring that gets weaker each time it is compressed or stretched. The real question is NOT if they get less and less reliable each time they trip, but rather why do they keep tripping???

I didn't think I was giving out false info...maybe I should have worded my first post better. I dunno, the way I see it is if set up properly, a fuse will do the exact same thing at a lower price and if the install is done where fuses keep popping then a circuit breaker is NOT the answer.

I didn't think I was giving out false info...maybe I should have worded my first post better. I dunno, the way I see it is if set up properly, a fuse will do the exact same thing at a lower price and if the install is done where fuses keep popping then a circuit breaker is NOT the answer.

Your fuse shouldn't keep popping. If you have fuse or circuit breaker problems then you don't need to worry about which one to use, you need to fix the problem.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Your fuse shouldn't keep popping. If you have fuse or circuit breaker problems then you don't need to worry about which one to use, you need to fix the problem.

Exactly...that's what I was getting at. Lol

Edited by sprkn_ranger