Well first off, I want to say I have already posted a few times but I have not taken the time to formerly introduce myself. Before I do so, I would like to congradulate Steve on becoming my trash and one day I hope to be doing exactly what he is. Steve you do some incredible stuff. Before I read anything on the forums I went straight to your posts on the builds you did. Awesome. That's all I can say.

Ok. My name is Adam and I have been fascinated with car audio and video since I was probably around 12 years old. I had my first car stereo before I had a car ha ha. It was two JL Audio 12 W1's in a bandpass box with an Ample audio amplifier and a pioneer cd player. It sat in my garage until I got a car on my 16th birthday. So anyways, I have had this dream of competing and one day opening my own car stereo shop. I do know alot about car stereo, or at least typical installs. I did alot of installing of regular stereos and subs, and amps and stuff in my neighborhood with all the people who needed stuff hooked up. I am currently in the Marine Corps stationed in ole Okinawa, Japan. I since joining the Marine Corps purchased a 2001 Explorer Sport, about two years ago. I had the JL Audio subs in there for about one month. One day I walked into an audio store looking to buy some new components and ended walking out with a box for six twelves. Just a generic box, sealed. At that point I was determined to have a seriously loud truck. I had no money saved up and had to buy stuff one thing at a time. The Explorer was stock, and I only had a stereo. So the stereo started to get done all by myself one thing at a time. Pioneer head unit, Rockford Fosgate two way speakers, 1/0 ga. monster cable, optima yellow top, 6-Mtx 5500 dvc 12's, 1-Mtx 1501d amplifier, and an swx digital farad capacitor. From there I decided to build a plexi glass box for the amp, cap, and distribution box with hinges to open to change settings and stuff and I cut out MTX in the top of the glass to have some ventilation. I installed everything myself. After I tried to show off and smoked the amp one day I upgraded to two mtx 801d amplifiers, and after a few more months, I bought a third amp and they would not all fit in the glass box, so I junked the glass box. So I finished the stereo and everything was coming together and I decided to buy a 10 1/2 inch flipdown tv for the back seat because you should not put tv's in a one piece seat when there is no head rest it looks kind of silly. I decided to put tv's in my sunvisors and one day I would buy a head unit with a screen in it. Well I came back to Okinawa and brought the sunvisor tvs with me to play with some fiberglass and try to fiberglass the visors and ended up almost getting complete with the process or at least all the way up to the sanding stage of the bondo when I noticed I messed up with the measurements and the screen housings were not centered..So I decided to quit the project. They are still sitting in  my closet in my room. I am not going to do anything with them yet, I don't know what to do. I have an extra set of visors and I will be putting them back into the truck until I find out what I am going to do. I think I will buy some more tv's and have them installed back into the sunvisors again and leave them alone this time. I had put the truck in the body shop to have the bottom gray cladding painted to match the top white color to be a cleaner truck, and I also had the E removed from Explorer to be "cool"...Only I thought it was cool apparently  :D. So I had the windows tinted 5%, and had Hearing Protection Required put on the front window, and MTX Audio put on the back window, followed by my viper alarm sticker under both. To deter thieves with my 791xv. I put some 20 inch boss 301 rims on with some dust plates behind them, hiding my painted white brake calipers. I lowered the truck about 2 1/2 inches and changed the corners to clear and the taillights to altezza. I put a billet grille insert in the top and bottom of the front, and I installed 10,000k hid headlights. I put a Volant cold air intake in, Gibson cat back exhaust, sct excalibrator II programmer, and Jet chip into the truck to add hp. I painted some stuff under the hood for a nice look, along with the color matched wire loom, all white. I installed some white lights under the hood for night time because there were not any factory lights under there. I put Blue under body lights under the truck and blue lights under the rear seats and under the front dash along with in the glass box I used to have. The truck was looking sharp when I sent it to the body shop again this past March.

The body shop apparently forgot to arm the alarm on the truck or left it off on purpose and the truck got broken into and everything was stolen from subs, amps, cap, dist. block, wires, head unit, and my passport 8500 x50 radar. Everything was unscrewed and taken nicely. No forced entry, or broken anything. I got a nice check for around 3,500 and started to build my new stereo. The truck has not come out of the body shop yet since. It should be out next week. The new truck will be White with Ocean Blue Pearl, and shaved rear window wiper, roof rack, antenna, and emblems, and rear bumper. It will have a fabricated roll pan. I plan on taking leave on November 27th this year (2006) for about 26 days. I live in Fultondale, Alabama and that is where I am headed. I will be installing my entire new stereo and components for it. I have since the misfortune, purchased, two 2006 Resonant Engineering XXX 12's, and two US Amps AX3000DE amps, an HC2400, and HC1800 from Kinetik, and an Iraggi Alt. 240 amp, and a Pioneer avic z1. I will be running two runs of 1/0 ga. and I have yet to decide on to build my own box or let an audio shop do it. Definitely a CRX or custom Fiberglass to have a nice finished look. Not sure yet. I do not have any pics of my new stuff yet because I am still in Okinawa. I will post them and installation procedures when I get home and do the stuff. Don't worry, I won't let ya down. I plan on hitting pretty hard, if not then I will double everything and do four each. Anyways, here is some pics of the truck and old stereo and sorry to say there are no updated pics of the truck in its state and I will have to repost them updated in Dec. I look forward to sharing info and learning all I can at this forum. Be good everyone.

Before

Posted Image

After

Posted Image

Posted Image

Old stereo

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

SCT

Posted Image

10,000k hids

Posted Image

Flip down

Posted Image

Sunvisor tv's no more.

Posted Image

Grilles, corners, fogs

Posted Image

Radar stolen along with stereo

Posted Image

Under hood

Posted Image

Under hood lights

Posted Image

Under rear seats lights

Posted Image

Under front dash lights

Posted Image

Under body lights

Posted Image

Old head unit

Posted Image

Flush mounted tweeters

Posted Image

20's with dust plates

Posted Image

Gibson exhaust

http://www.explorerforum.com/photopost/data/500/medium/ae1b2c2b.jpg

Rear

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/dozier1/499f38e4.jpg

www.AlabamaDrift.com04 Silverado in the works

OOO I like.

The Front end is kind of flashy, but it is nice.

You said your system got stolen?  What do you have now?

'02 Dodge Intrepid SEst2yn9.jpgPioneer 5800-MPCrystal SSCS6Diamond Audio D3 400.415" Fi QHifonics BXi-1500d4cuft @ 32hz w/ 70" of port100sq ft of DamplifierKnukonceptz 1/0awg & 4awg

Two US Amps AX3000DE amps

Two 2006 RE Audio XXX 12's

Kinetik HC2400, HC1800

Iraggi Alternator 240 amp Alternator

Pioneer avic z1,

The rims are big enough for me. They rub just being 20's, and I am getting air bags soon. Soo I want to go low and 22's won't let me with bags. I want to frame out.

Kinetik HC2400, HC1800

Pioneer avic z1,

The rims are big enough for me. They rub just being 20's, and I am getting air bags soon. Soo I want to go low and 22's won't let me with bags. I want to frame out.

Nice ;) Get a video of the system in action...or pics :^

I will post a video...But it does not do it justice. The camera I used was a cheap camera for 100.00 dollars and it does not show the rattle. You can barely tell anything is moving at all.

Here you go.

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/doz...rattleclip1.flv

I will post a video...But it does not do it justice. The camera I used was a cheap camera for 100.00 dollars and it does not show the rattle. You can barely tell anything is moving at all.

Here you go.

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/doz...rattleclip1.flv

Still better than nothing...Got pics of the install or the system itself?? Haven't seen many people running the new XXXs.

The new stuff is not installed yet. All the new equipment listed two posts before this one, will be installed in about two to three weeks from now.

Kinetik HC2400, HC1800

Pioneer avic z1,

i really like that truck....its got a clean, not overdone look to it.  Keep it that way! 22's with low profile tires like a 30 or 35 will work good, you sorta have "meats" on them 20's so basicly turn some of that rubber into metal if you feel me and you will be fine.  Bag that thing man!

Oh ya thanks for the nice words man.....'preciate it  ;)

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Archived