I feel what your saying Steve. Replace some rubber with some metal. I will look into it when I bag the truck. I have only rode about 3,000 miles on those rims. When I call up FBI and find out what to do with the bag brackets and suspension stuff and buy it all. I will change rims and suspension at the same time. Work in progress. Got to get some more cash first. Gota keep hustlin. :D

www.AlabamaDrift.com04 Silverado in the works

• 3 weeks later...

Ya'll are gonna be proud of me. I will post pics soon, but I will tease you and let you know what she looks like now at least. The roof rack, rear window wiper, antenna, emblems, and rear bumper have all been shaved. There is a fabricated roll pan on the rear now and the truck has officially been finished on exterior with White and Ocean Blue Pearl. Pictures will be up soon. I am having my Pioneer avic z1 installed on Monday and I will be building my sub box that Ray helped me out on also on Wed and Thur. next week. I will also be putting in the amps and subs and I will probably not hook it up yet until I get the alternator installed in a week or so also. Don't wonder off too far from this thread, its gonna get stupid crazy with pictures in a week or so.

you had more questions??

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

• 1 month later...

Ok, here are the new pics of the new stereo setup. But first the truck body changes.

Before with the old paint.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now with the new paint. White with Ocean Blue Pearl. Also shaved roof rack, rear window wiper, antenna, rear bumper and fabricated roll pan, emblems also shaved. Also painted mirrors to match and pillar between front seat window and rear seat window. The pictures below don't really bring the blue pearl out much.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Alright, what you have been waiting for. Pioneer Avic Z-1, 10.5 flipdown monitor, 2-2006 12 inch XXX subs, and two US Amps AX3000DE amplifiers in a 6 cu. ft. box vented and tuned to 36 hz. Kinetik HC2400, Kinetik HC1800, Iraggi 240 amp alternator.  ;D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I put a 149 on the meter the local car audio shop uses in my area. I could not get a picture of it though. The guy was making me hold my ears. I do know that I am having serious problems with getting 300 amps to each amplifier. I need to get more to them. They are running about half way and shut down after turning them up too high for a minute. Soo, that will have to be fixed so I can get a better score and find a term lab somewhere. So did I do good for my build or what? Opinions please.

It eats me up to know that I cannot touch the truck until Nov. 1st 2007. That is when I get out of the Marine Corps. I am in Okinawa, Japan. I was on leave from Nov. 22 to Dec. 22 and did all the install and some other stuff to the truck. Soo cleaning up the wires will not be feasable until next year in Nov. Thanks for the compliments though.

Nice subs. How loud are they?

Ok, here are the new pics of the new stereo setup. But first the truck body changes.

Before with the old paint.

I put a 149 on the meter the local car audio shop uses in my area. I could not get a picture of it though. The guy was making me hold my ears. I do know that I am having serious problems with getting 300 amps to each amplifier. I need to get more to them. They are running about half way and shut down after turning them up too high for a minute. Soo, that will have to be fixed so I can get a better score and find a term lab somewhere. So did I do good for my build or what? Opinions please.

;)
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Archived