Sonic Electronix

What's wrong with my system?

a cap certainly would NOT solve your issue.

a cap in your situation would make your issue worse. a cap takes power to charge it up, and your having issues with your power.

you have one of these following issues:

bad battery (i guess you didnt charge it when you got it)

bad battery ground

bad alt

bad alt ground

since your HU is dimming, and your lights, amp, everything is dimming, its safe to say one of two things:

someone fucked up every single ground in your setup.

or

its under the hood.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Yes every single light in my car dims including the lights on my head unit, lights on my dash, and head lights. An it seems to shut off even more with the head lights on at night. But it will shut off if I'm playing it loud with head lights off also. An yes I did crimp the wire down untill it's nice an tight an just wrapped electrical tape around it. An I will be posting pics soon

again, what method did you use to crimp? a hammer? a vice? hydraulic crimp? after crimping you should be able to pull as hard as you can and that terminal wont come off.

was the system shutting off like this before you got the new battery?

check voltage with a DMM at the battery post, and at the battery terminals while the system is on. it doesnt need to be on full tilt here. just enough to make voltage drop some.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Yea the car is pretty old. An when I first got it the lights on the head unit would already dim if i had it loud this is even before I had subs an the new battery. An yes before I installed the subs I bought a new battery from Walmart It's an EVERSTART PLUS battery 550 cold cranking amps. An yes I used a hammer to crimp the wire an I just double checked I pulled on both the power wire from the battery an the ground from the amP my hardest an they are both secure they don't move at all.

Yes every single light in my car dims including the lights on my head unit, lights on my dash, and head lights. An it seems to shut off even more with the head lights on at night. But it will shut off if I'm playing it loud with head lights off also. An yes I did crimp the wire down untill it's nice an tight an just wrapped electrical tape around it. An I will be posting pics soon

again, what method did you use to crimp? a hammer? a vice? hydraulic crimp? after crimping you should be able to pull as hard as you can and that terminal wont come off.

check voltage with a DMM at the battery post, and at the battery terminals while the system is on. it doesnt need to be on full tilt here. just enough to make voltage drop some.

Skittles, think about, 1800 watt rms + the electrical of the car, on a Wallmartbatt and a little alt :Doh: .

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Get a better alt 150-200 amps, a biggest baddest AGM batt you can fit under the hood, in the want to sale section are thread´s from

RAM, he have a vew batt´s in diffrent sizes for realy niceprice to sell. Last and not least buy a 50 ft. spool 0/1 gauge, for power+ground

from batt to trunk and the Big 3, if you have a rest of wire you can sell it here.

Actual electrical system in your car is much to small, if you havent the money for those upgradings in one or part by part with first the HO,

Let it be and downsize your system.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Thanks everybody I think I found the problem I followed the ground from the battery all the way to its ground an its corroded as fuck an their is no insulation just bare wire where it's grounded. I think I'm just gunna remove my subs an amp an save them for my 08 silverado next month. It's too much of a hassle to upgrade to another alternator,battery, an the big 3 upgrade when I can just save that money an upgrade my truck with that plus the car is a bucket so yea thanks for the help everybody I highly appreciate it!

Skittles, think about, 1800 watt rms + the electrical of the car, on a Wallmartbatt and a little alt :Doh: .

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Get a better alt 150-200 amps, a biggest baddest AGM batt you can fit under the hood, in the want to sale section are thread´s from

RAM, he have a vew batt´s in diffrent sizes for realy niceprice to sell. Last and not least buy a 50 ft. spool 0/1 gauge, for power+ground

from batt to trunk and the Big 3, if you have a rest of wire you can sell it here.

Actual electrical system in your car is much to small, if you havent the money for those upgradings in one or part by part with first the HO,

Let it be and downsize your system.

lol dont worry man. im with you guys. i just figured you all had that part covered and i would help with other noobie mistakes he could be making.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived