My Very First Competition!

so i went to my first competition today.  it was a meca competition in Marion Indiana.   i had a good time there besides it got fckin COLD by the end of the night.  Myself and a couple guys from Soundcheck road with me there to check it out.   there was about 30 cars total there.  not a huge turn out.  all 30 cars didnt compete though.   i had 4 cars in my class.  street 4  because i didnt feel like changing out my fuse to a 60 amp to compete in street 3 but it actually turned out better for me to do street 4 cuz there were 4 cars so it pays a 20 dollar cash payout if u win.   

and when i first got there everybody was lookin at my stuff and didnt think much of it cuz it was only a single 18 with an mtx amp.   well i surely got the WOW factor after i burped it.   people couldnt believe that it was hittin that high with a box tuned to 36hz.   

im still running the same setup i was running before.  just upped the gain a hair on the amp.  and position the box and seats to make it the loudest in the kick as possible. didnt have but like 10 minutes to test so i couldnt figure out exactly the loudest way but the way i did it helped alot. 

(1) 18" Treo SSX

(1) MTX 1501d

(2) Kinetik hc2400's

stock alternator

well i dont have all the scores just mine. 

i got the PHAT Truck award

and the Loudest 18 award

in SPL i got 1st with a 148.0 db.  i dunno bout u but thats awesome for what i have haha. it was very suprising.  in my test runs i was doin a 148.5 but when i was metered i only got a 148.0

in Reality SPL which is where they put the meter at the headrest of the drivers seat and u play a song and u see how high u hit.  i hit a 143.0db at the headrest playin a bass mechaniks track.  wasnt the right frequency for me so i didnt do as well as i could have.  oh and yah i placed first in my class in reality SPL also

ok last i did drive by.  which i completely fcked up on BUT i still had the loudest drive by score there.  my deck skipped for like 20 sec in a row so i couldnt meter shit.  and at the start like the first 3 sec of the song was nothing so it didnt register anything.  but i did get a good 7-10 sec of actual bass and i did a 122.8 30 sec average about 6ft away from the meter.  unfortunetly if my deck wasnt skipping non stop i woulda averaged upwards of a 128.  i was of course playin  Lil Jon - Throw it up :)

DCFC0259Medium.jpg

DCFC0261Medium.jpg

DCFC0262Medium.jpg

i was definetly the WOW factor in the show.

i won everything lol.  not bad for an install i just threw in to get by.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

Man I remember my first competition...A local competition that was packed with cars probably more than 200 cars there (about 50 competiting) and I took first in my class, second in the whole show...Felt good because everybody was looking at me weird since I was the youngest one there :^

• 2 weeks later...