idk if this was asked or not, but what type of glue are you using ? looks really damn good, and i thought my wraping skills where good LOL

Im guessing you mean for the vinyl application? This isnt fabic vinyl if thats what you was thinking. Its more like a film and it has its own adhesive already on it (a lot like a sticker/decal), you just peel the backing off and do work. They do make a primer 3m 94 thats useful in extreme curves. Check the links i posted a few post up and look into it. This stuff is nice to work with. Aside from the console it was pretty easy. Also check out a few vids on youtube, search 3m vinyl wrap

tuned in for the ipad install. i've seen a few done, but now i have an android tablet to do for myself and i want all the ideas i can get. i was thinking kinda recessed like how yours kind of is to help avoid glare. i like the vinyl wrap too. nice job :)

Thanks man. I got tons of work to do so its prob gonna be a slow job but its my first attempt at motorization so a little learning curve on that aspect. Im getting parts figured out as we speak. Looking into CNC machine parts for the sliding out part and firgelli linear actuators. Prices are insane on this stuff. Im gonna talk to some my friends about getting them cheaper for me before i go ordering stuff. Too bad its not gonna be stationary, I could do that in a day.

Also I was forced to go deep into the dash that way because of the deep inward cut in the dash between where the vents and factory headunit were divided. I would go only bout an inch in to avoid glare if i had the choice. Also gonna get my front windows tinted and put on an anti glare film. You will also want to take it outside on a sunny day and find the top to bottom tilt angle thats best instead of just making it dead even with the dash. A little angle will do a ton for harsh glare. Dark colored interior doesnt hurt either.

i love that vinyl wrap metal that shit is sick!! I cant wait to see the sub in this thing

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

Where I was when I started back on the bezel today

6794388492_5a73ce5f19_b.jpg

IMG_1449 by rogueauto, on Flickr

Did some more trimming down and sanding to get closer to contour of dash

7004716925_8ae816e110_b.jpg

IMG_1652 by rogueauto, on Flickr

A quick test fit to see how I was coming along

7004717339_b4901e457e_b.jpg

IMG_1656 by rogueauto, on Flickr

Tired of seeing the MDF so i shot it black to get a better glance at how it will look

7004717685_623ae3c265_b.jpg

IMG_1658 by rogueauto, on Flickr

With Ipad

6858600888_4b0a358209_b.jpg

IMG_1659 by rogueauto, on Flickr

More pix of test fitting before the Filler starts, I had to get all the surfaces to potrude less than the dash itself so I can filler to make the difference.

7004718195_d06833a2fb_b.jpg

IMG_1663 by rogueauto, on Flickr

6858601814_33ba3eb9f9_b.jpg

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/74709723@N06/6858601814/]IMG_1665[/url] by rogueauto, on Flickr

Tomorrow I figure I will have most the rough filler done and have the basic overall shape 100%. Then the rear portion and mounting methods will be figured out.

Got some everglass today, so on to the filler

Taped up with acutal ducting tape. This stuff is great. Holds it shape like aluminum foil and sticks like masking tape...well a bit stickier.

7007541085_3a2f24c56b_b.jpg

IMG_1667 by rogueauto, on Flickr

And the fiberglass and kevlar reinforced filler applied

6861425012_b126d26cd5_b.jpg

IMG_1672 by rogueauto, on Flickr

I did get some sanding done to but i didnt get pix yet. Should have more posted tomorrow.

Archived