Hybrid Audio Unity (NEW) or Hertz MLK 165 (Used)

This is not a VS thread :) Just wanted to get some insight on which would be a better bang for my buck and if anyone has heard these speakers.

I'm debating whether to get the Unity U61-2 6.5's for $350 shipped

http://store.12velec...speaker-system/

or

Hertz MLK 165 (used) from a dealer for about $385 + shipping.

I will be powering the components off a eD nine.2 amp @ 2x 100W @ 4ohms.

Other questions: Is 12Velectronics an authorize dealer for those components and are there any dealers on here that will sell me for cheaper discount rate?

Should I get a stronger amp for more power or will they be good off the current amp that I have?

Right now I'm leaning towards the Hybrid Audio speakes because I already know two people that have the Hertz MLK and they are switching to HA components for some reason.

Is $385+shipping for a pair of MLK 165's a steal or am I better off with brand new components? I'm normally against buying used components and items.

Edited by moh.vze.com

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

1700 posts? Figured you`d know ya cant have vs threads....

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Get the MLK's. If you don't end up buying them let me know and I will buy them plus shoot you some cash for hooking it up hahha. You will want more power for the MLKs and 12v is an authorized dealer of HAT. Have you tried to e-mail Scott at HAT? He has some deals on "buy back" and "damaged box" equipment.

01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable

Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION

Crap! LOL. I've only recently used this forum again and been out of date in the rules. Hmm. My bad :(

I've changed the title of my thread. Good looking out guys!

Edited by moh.vze.com

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

THIS

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

Get the MLK's. If you don't end up buying them let me know and I will buy them plus shoot you some cash for hooking it up hahha. You will want more power for the MLKs and 12v is an authorized dealer of HAT. Have you tried to e-mail Scott at HAT? He has some deals on "buy back" and "damaged box" equipment.

How much power do people normally power these MLK's with?

Just personal experience. I had the hertz hi energy three ways at first on a ed nine.4 and i didnt like it. The midbass just was hollow and the speakers just didnt sound thst good. Once I put them on a audison amp they came to life. Not dissing ed just didn't like the amp on the hertz. And I love my current MLK2s but I'm guessing yhe used set is the older version which I heard great things about. Sounds like the new ojes just have some different materials to cut down costs

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff