DC Sound Lab

In that case, I would jsut go for the 3.5k and not deal with strapping. With 1 3.5k on the XL you will need a smaller box, closer to 5.5ft3 net and add an extra spider plus the AR cone and CF dustcap. All of the options I just listed are stronger parts than the standard.

ya but it would just be cheaper to pcik up another 2k instead of going with a 3.5k and leaves me lots of overhead.

Not if you sold the 2k. 2 2ks cost more than the 3.5k. I cannot recommend putting 2 2ks on 1 XL.

what do u think the xl can handle?

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD.

pioneer 80prs

B2 ES6.1I....................................Other Sub Stage:

B2 Zero1, B2 Quattro.......................B2 Quota

Tantric HDD 12's..............................B2 AS 12"

6^3 33 hz......................................4th Order BP 40hz

Completely depends on the user. I am not going to publicly recommend anything over the rated 2200w. I am personally putting more than that to mine right now and have the intentions of upgrading power in the fall. You have to know your system and what it is capable of doing before you start over powering subs. They are rated for 2200w for a reason, the most I will recommend is 2500w without there being other things that need to be accounted for to add more power.

If you really want to run 2 2k amps, then i would go for 2 XLs and take the extra cone area instead of trying to way over power 1 sub.

2 xl 18s i doubt will fit. i can always adjust the gain on the 2 2k so i dont send so much power to them.

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD.

pioneer 80prs

B2 ES6.1I....................................Other Sub Stage:

B2 Zero1, B2 Quattro.......................B2 Quota

Tantric HDD 12's..............................B2 AS 12"

6^3 33 hz......................................4th Order BP 40hz

dont be set on 18s. Alot of people do that. Everyone wants to go "big" and for the wow factor but think of it this way. If you ran a pair of 12s or 15s off 2 2ks and could do a 150 would it be more impressive than a single 18 doing a 146?

The trick is to maximize your space. If you only have room for 12s or 10s you need to get the biggest baddest 12s or 10s you can. You following me? 18s are cool and all but sometimes its not always optimal

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

dont be set on 18s. Alot of people do that. Everyone wants to go "big" and for the wow factor but think of it this way. If you ran a pair of 12s or 15s off 2 2ks and could do a 150 would it be more impressive than a single 18 doing a 146?

The trick is to maximize your space. If you only have room for 12s or 10s you need to get the biggest baddest 12s or 10s you can. You following me? 18s are cool and all but sometimes its not always optimal

And we have a winner!!!!

Take the space you have and fit the subs to the space, dont get stuck on 18s. 2 15s with 2k per sub WILL be louder than 1 18 with 4k. The biggest difference for me would be that you could beat on the 2 15s all day while you would always have to be careful and watch the 1 18 with 4k to make sure that it is not moving too much.