Second Skin Audio

help fixing box please

The port area of each side is way to big. If your going to build it as 2 separate chambers, like your first photo, just design one side and build the other the same. Dont try and design for the entire area, it will just get confusing. Your port length is measured from the face of the port opening to the end of the opening on the inside measured down the center of the port. Also the port should remain the same width all the way thru.

why couldnt you just make the ports smaller? as in adding sheets of MDF to the width and then add sheets to the L side of the port to make it consistant....

edit: in order to do this, you may have to play with numbers a little, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Edited by mbdblue

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

ok tell me if these seem right. the picture of the box is 6in longer than my original and different port design.

2012-02-12023346.jpg

i cant believe people miss this shit. you see # of common port walls where the line indicator is? that should have a 3 in there. it means how many sides of the box is the port touching. in your case, 3. if it was like in the middle bottom of the box, not touching either side, then it would be 1. if it was in the lower corner, it would be 2.

how do you measure port length for a port in the center that has a 90* turn off each side

That is why I asked how wide the opening inside the box was. You need to account for both 90s in the current box.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.