BigSix's New Build, Lincoln Town Car- Changes coming again... Downsizing a bit.

I thought u were ahead of me on door panels :peepwall:

Ill do a real update later today... maybe. But my doors will be on and playing today. they arent anything super fancy.. but they'll get it done... Does that mean I need to go check your build now?

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

is that LC1 a bass knob? and also have you used those oxygen before? any feedback? price? sorry for the million questions and LOVE the car btw ive always wanted one of those town cars lol

Yup it's an Lc-1 knob, no prior exp. with the O2's, Ill let you know... Price just over a bill from Audio Savings. Thanks for the interest and feed back man, I was leary on the grandpa mobile at first, but I quickly fell in love with it... Once the system is done, Im going to start looking at rims for it...

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

I thought u were ahead of me on door panels :peepwall:

Ill do a real update later today... maybe. But my doors will be on and playing today. they arent anything super fancy.. but they'll get it done... Does that mean I need to go check your build now?

Soon very soon I may not update again till its ready and playing... well and loud haha

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

I LOVED my '97 Continental. Like crusin around in a super-comfy tank haha. Always wanted to go all out with it. Ended up destroying the steering/suspension from offroading lol :pardon: Either way it got pretty loud with the shitty 15's i had in it so I'm sure you'll love it! def subbed

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2 DC Level4 12"

Soundstream TA1.3000d

4 RF Punch 6.5" Components

2 RF Punch 3.5" 2-ways

RF Prime 400.4D

XS Power XP950 +&-run of XScorpion 1/0 OFC My Civic Build

So I've gotten some work done on the Lincoln, some I took pics of some I didn't because the garage ate my camera for a bit, but Ive got 2 runs of 0 to the back, couple sets of rca's ran to the rear, Lc-1 is in, head unit is in..

I've also spent some time on my door panels, nothing fancy.

Here's some pics:

Made fiberglass molds of both panels, trimmed them to fit and started making mounts with some rings.

base2.jpg

Did my best to make them match even though each door has a slightly different shape where it meets the dash

base.jpg

I went to the fabric store with wifey and found some really nice stretchy spandex nylon stuff was super easy to wrap with

wrapped.jpg

wrappedpair.jpg

I hit them with a coat of resin then got ready to lay 4 layers of mat down

readytoglass.jpg

I let 'em sit for a day or so then went nut with the palm sander and then started laying on some filler

filler.jpg

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Sanded them like crazy again and added another light coat of filler

DSCN5617.jpg

Ended up doing 3 coats of filler/ sanding

morefiller.jpg

A little texture from some stone look spray paint, topped with a gray semi gloss came out pretty good

almostdone2.jpg

almostdone.jpg

And this is where I started today, I ran the new wires for the doors from the trunk, the second set of rca's ran, I got both doors assembled, wired and tested on the work bench....

nopanels.jpg

Passenger side door is on, then it got dark. still have to put all the screws in the passenger side and hang the driver side panel then wire up the amp and they should make noise.. Ill get more pics up tomorrow hopefully.

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

And I forgot to take pics after I got the tweets in... oops.

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Looking damn good, How do you like that O2 set? I've been curious about those for a while now.

Well they sounded great on the work bench, But I was just using my kinetic and a crappy head unit to make sure they were working, I'm anxious to hear em on some power...

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Archived