BigSix's New Build, Lincoln Town Car- Changes coming again... Downsizing a bit.

Hahaha at the beer and mdf run

Build the bandpass! Ull be so much happier do the same one with 12s maybe? That would get u a ton a trunk space

Wait! Before u build

Do u have the 18? Do u need a box I have one laying around!

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Tez.. ya its an 18. The 4th will come soon enough... It will I swear... Just kinda wanted to do something simpler first... goin back to basics... Then I cn see what the results are and the gains and where theyll be with the 4th order. All I grabbed was 2 24X48 pieces of MDF, the rst of this box is from scraps that I had laying around from other projects... I'm tryin ( although it aint working) to not spend much more on the car for right now, Got a business venture I am trying to get off the ground.

Plus this box is tuned at 33hz, and we all know teh bitchez love 33hz :2girls:

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

where are you

bay area?

ill give you box an port 1 18 everything forward!!!!! 10" pipe lol its big and it fits the spare tire in the trunk :rofl:

but im curious to see pics of this new box

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Thanks for the box offer man.. But I'm nowhere near you.. Ohio.

So I woke up yesterday and decided to flip through craigslist... ended up looking in the barter section, which I barely do, and the top ad was for a Sundown Zv2 18.

So I sent dude a text, offered him my SA 12s and a little 2ch amp I had laying around for awhile, 10 minutes later I got a replay and was on my way to grab it up.

DSCN0092.jpg

DSCN0093.jpg

I have a bunch different things going on and a business I'm in the process of trying to get going, so the budget is slim right now for the build.. I grabbed my tape and checked through my stash of random MDF, grabbed a notebook and the Torres calc and came up with a plan... Dunno how its going to sound, if it sucks, I'll deal with it until I can afford to do another. So it's back to the basics for now, plain jane, slot ported box, subs and port back, no rounded glassed corners, minimal bracing, a big sub and a fair amount of power. Simple and easy. As usual, I only took a few pics, after a couple beers I start forgettin about the camera and just do work.

Grabbed the tools and some Labatts and got to it.

DSCN0071.jpg

Cranked out a quick simple amp rack and threw it in to check the fit, pulled it out, painted it up and set it aside.

DSCN0090.jpg

DSCN0091.jpg

Got my wiring organized a little bit and kind of figured out where everything it going to be.

wires.jpg

Used a piece of scrap 1/4 inch to make a circle jig for the router... wow shouldve done that forever ago.

DSCN0080.jpg

DSCN0075.jpg

Ended up not taking a single pic while I was building the box, between stuffing beers and bullshittin with the neighbor, I totally forgot.

But I did take a pic of my table after I accidentally cut thru it, and the metal frame underneath it. time for the trash.

DSCN0086.jpg

Got the box assembled, still some sanding and filling to do on it, and some internal bracing to add, then it should be good to go. And yup, singel baffle.

DSCN0078.jpg

Threw it in the trunk to double check the fit, drops right in and sits down in the well perfect, and I still have a usable amount of trunk space too.

DSCN0085.jpg

DSCN0084.jpg

That's about it for the day, was done before dinner, cleaned up in time to have a nice meal and spend the evening playing with the kids.

Tomorrow I plan on making the mount/box for the Kinetik 2400 and getting the box finished up and painted.

If I have time after that, Ill start getting the amp rack mounted in place and start wiring up the amps.

:detail:

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

good shit man, keep up the good work

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

clean lookin box mr. sir now throw tha bish in there make some noise!!

Within the next day or so it'll make noise. Have to fab up a mount for my kinetik and on my way home today I have to grab some more 0ga to make up my grounds... then its as simple as wire it up on turn it on. I hope. Im lookin forward to hearing it... beastiest sub and the most power Ive ever had... should be good times.

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Well today was nice out..got more work done.. lost a couple evening because of crappy rain..

First up, was I gutted the trunk and removed the trim panel from the decklid and got to it with some spray foam.

foam.jpg

Next up, finally got around to whipping up a simple easy holder for my Kinetik 2400, nothin g fancy, just a clean simple box.

batterybox1.jpg

Threw a few coats on it of the same paint I used on the 'glass work on the doors, also its bolted into the floor of trunk w 4 bolts and some large washer underneath to make sure it doesnt go anywhere.

battintrunk.jpg

Got the amps installed and the rack secured

ampsmounted.jpg

Put the rest of the carpet back in, started to lay out some of the wiring and decided to call it a night.

readytowire.jpg

Grabbed another 20ft of 0ga for my grounds and another small pile of ring terminals

more0.jpg

Thats all for today, I should have the box all done and ready to rock, and saturday morning I am planning on finally getting it all wired up and making noise... Still trying to decide on my location for my volt meter and Im contemplating hacking up my LC1 to turn my cigarette lighter into the knob for it.

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

• 3 weeks later...

So..... Things have changed around some more... Had some issues with my sub amp, and it let all the magic smoke out. Might get it repaired.. but I have also decided to down size some. The 18 was gettin it, but I had virtually no trunk space at all. Ive been getting back into shooting a lot, and am entering a local points series so I need the room in my trunk to haul around gun cases and what not.. So Im dropping down to 1 12 thatll be on about 1500 watts... I have the sub( top secret until it goes in, most guys on here have probably never even heard of it, and others will prob talk shit).. still need to get a new amp for it, and I am most likely buying a Zapco AG650.6 this evening to run my doors active. Undecided on what kind of box Im gonna do... Life's been hectic lately and the budget is small at the moment.

Right now the entire system is being run off of a kicker 5 channel, running the doors and a cheap audiobahn 12 in a little sealed box, just so I have something to listen to on my drive to work... Hopefully some worth while updates soon.

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Archived