large gauge crimper

hammer crimp and solder :)

P1040283.jpg

this looks meh, I went so high up on the shink tube cause the mesh was starting to fray, so I hads ta fix it.

IMG00009-20120221-1839.jpg

P1040285.jpg

btw, I bought the HB crimper, its a POS, took it back that day, it would not fit real 0ga terminals.....

i use these cost me 150 but they are awesome

01110915.jpg

these are hands down the best out there. If I did more installs, I'd use these

actually not quite, those are usually 4-8ton mechanical crimpers depending on length of handle, those handles are pretty short compared to the 8-9ton mechanical crimpers (usually over 25" handle)... so dc98hoe spent $150 to have less crimping force than a $70 hydraulic crimp that comes with more dies.

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

I'd take off those lugs, strip a new chunk of wire, and just solder it. Those look like imminent doom

crimping is better.

There was a thread about crimping wire vs. soldering

but not in your case. i'd solder any day over having to use connections like that.

only if you're good at soldering lol. otherwise it looks oxidized to hell and back with a melted jacket and a dirty mud of solder at the tip

How do you know that my connection is bad? Just because it doesn't look pretty, doesn't mean it's bad.

i use these cost me 150 but they are awesome

01110915.jpg

these are hands down the best out there. If I did more installs, I'd use these

actually not quite, those are usually 4-8ton mechanical crimpers depending on length of handle, those handles are pretty short compared to the 8-9ton mechanical crimpers (usually over 25" handle)... so dc98hoe spent $150 to have less crimping force than a $70 hydraulic crimp that comes with more dies.

well it does fine on copper lugs..if your crimping brass ones then id go with hydraulic..also you can change the crimp size on the fly they are built in to the head...yea i got got as far as price but they have done me well and crimps awesome..

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Hmm, it's time for me to upgrade my equipment lol.

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Archived