Second Skin Audio

box help!!!

Box making is not guess and check...

do it right.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Steve, I may be missing something but you started this thread complaining of distorted sound or "clipping", before you added the extra ports you were complaining about port whistling.

My question is do you still have port whistling or not, because that's the main sympton of low port area NOT distorted sound which has nothing to do with port area on MOST cases.

Better explain what you are experiencing right now, with what songs..what you listen..etc so that the proper advice can be given.

the whistling stoped when i added ports i just need to tune the amp. what I thought was clipping was my amp rack hitting the back of the box

http://www.stevemead...new-xfl-pg6-57/americanbass hd 12d22 audiopipe 1800.1ppi s580.4rockford p1653 frontpolk audio 6x9 rearbig 3

the whistling stoped when i added ports i just need to tune the amp. what I thought was clipping was my amp rack hitting the back of the box

Ok so if you don't have whistling anymore then I don't think is th box, port area is not ideal below PA/Vb below 9 but being above 8 will cost you some efficiency but nothing more.

Obviously if your box is hitting the amp and have any bad wires or bad connections you may be experiencing distortion when there's a lot of vibration going on, so you may need to check both your power and singnal cables to see if nothing is damaged or loose.

There is a simple method to set your gains without any instruments, it's described in any rockford fosgate amplifier manual, are you familiar with that?? if not I will write it down here for you, it will be good enough for dealing with an obvious issue.

Edited by Joe X

the gain setting method without a DD-1/oscope is not ideal but i suppose it will have to do.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

did you seal the gap around the ports?

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.