Volkswagen Golf Mk4 GTI - Budget Sound System (With Vids)

Would it be worth doing it in 4gauge? Or shall i just wait a few weeks till i can afford 0 gauge and just do it in that?

Small update to the box.

So the box in the car is an old sealed twin fli enclosure that was given to me, not too keen on sealed but it was free so who cares. I have an app on my iphone which generates tones, so i used it to find where my bass was loudest at, which was about 54hz. So i wanted to try and bring this down by adding an aero port to this box.

Fli box.

dsc00026mz.jpg

dsc00027c.jpg

Old enclosure which i will be stealing the port from.

dsc00028ue.jpg

Port measures 6 inches wide and 5 inches deep.

dsc00029g.jpg

Subs out

dsc00030tk.jpg

Used a sharpie to draw round the port and measure where the middle was.

dsc00031iw.jpg

I needed to make a circle 1cm smaller then 6 inches otherwise the port would just fall through, so i measured 14cm/5.5 inches. And then using my ingenious tool managed to draw the circle that needed to be cut.

dsc00032zp.jpg

The hole, not perfect but it was my first time ever using a jigsaw and im happy with it.

dsc00033c.jpg

Finished!

dsc00035t.jpg

Im pretty happy with it if im honest, first time ive ever used a jigsaw and first time ive ever had to modify a box and it hasn't turned out too bad. Its not perfect but what matters is if it made a difference.

I put it back in the car and whipped out the ol tone generator app, peaks around 42hz now. Much better then it was before, would prefer a little lower but oh well.

LMAO i was thinking the same thing for some odd reason. seems like those subs are doing some worl how do they sound?

Haha, are Golfs not very populer cars in America? Or do they just go by a different name? As here if someone said golf then a golf cart would probably be the last thing to think of haha.

They actually sounds really good, although on low volumes they do sound a bit funny at times, its not often i notice it and its a bit hard to explain but the bass just doesn't sound as clear. Middle to high volumes it sounds amazing, it really does pack a punch. I think these subs could take a fair bit more power to them. Its 200w to each, i think they could probably easily take 500w each. Just a shame i don't have an amp that powerful :(.

But for 200w each they are seriously surprising, scared the living day lights out of a few people who i've given demo's to. And on more then one occasion i've been told "I can feel my eyes and teeth vibrating in my head" or "the bass made it really hard to breath and almost impossible to swallow". Amazing for about £30 per sub!

No they're not lol. when you say Golf, we think you're talking about Golf carts. Which reminds me that there is a town in Florida that senior citizens live that all have these pimped out golf carts, it's really funny. =)

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Done a few non audio modifications

A few white LED's

img0491bh.jpg

img0499ta.jpg

img0498m.jpg

The other pink LED strip came down so ive put it up on the drivers side aswell now.

img0493cd.jpg

Set of HID's, theyre 600k, white with a tint of blue. (Although they look slightly green in the photos for some reason)

img0495s.jpg

img0497mu.jpg

And then a few audio changes.

These finally came down.

img0504ew.jpg

I completely forgot to take any install pics of putting them in the front doors. But heres the final product.

img0503j.jpg

img0502cw.jpg

But i did remember to take install photos of putting the second set in the parcel shelf.

img0505xi.jpg

Cut out template drawn on

img0509bd.jpg

Managed to cut this pretty well, i think im getting better.

img0506xh.jpg

Fits like a glove!

img0507hk.jpg

Both done, looks quite nice i think.

img0510gi.jpg

img0511vu.jpg

My previous speaker amplifier was a 2 channel orion cobalt. And i was already running it at 2 ohm with 4 speakers. So i wouldnt be able to put the extra 2 from the parcel shelf onto this amplifier. So i've swapped it out and put in my Vibe Blackbox 4 Channel. 100w RMS x 4 @ 4ohm. 125w RMS x 4 @ 2ohm. When i finished putting it in my torch had just died so haven't got any photos of it in.

But it looks like this

911_Vibebblackboxs4v2_1281971880.jpg

I'll replace that photo once i've taken one of it installed.

can we get some cleaner pics of the finished install. make the car as presentable as possible...remember this is a contest and cosmetics do matter

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Archived