Need Your Opinions On A Cheap Suv

well i need a winter suv and my jeep now is dying everything on it is starting to fail slowly. then again its done its job considering its a 96 grand cherokee limited with 250k miles on it. here is the suv ive been looking at.

tell me what you guys think or what else i should consider

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

3i.jpg

2j.jpg

its a 1998 jeep grand cherokee limited 5.9L (big ass engine runs only on premium fuel) with a few extra mods including remote start, windows tinted and polk speakers.

it has 119k miles on it and he wants 6k for it. Im going to take a look at it sunday not making any promises but hopefully ill come home with it.

this was the fastest suv for a while did 0-60 in 6.6-6.8 seconds stock which is damn decent for an suv. what do you guys think?

6000.00 no way thats alot for that well my opinion it is unless car values are different where u live i would go wit an explorer or a blazer they run great and parts are easy to find and cheap and shit the way gas prices are now 4get the v8 lol

new toy

97 chevy s10 ext cab

bagged

22s

system (coming soon )

4 soundstream t4-15s walled

2 concept 2410 mono amps

REFS

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=cartunez2004

http://caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t...ht=LOUDCARTUNEZ

Man honestly I was looking for the newer 99 and up grand cherokee's here in Michigan and I'm finding them for 5k or right near that with less than 100k miles. To me that is WAY too much to pay. I don't know about 2-3k for the same one but for some reason the newer body style go pretty cheap. I hate chrysler so you'd be hard pressed to get me in one...I installed some car audio (head unit with swix to retain steering wheel controls, and tweeters as they always go bad in the jeeps for some reason) in my in-laws neighbors car and was somewhat interested in them because I knew how to do everything to them now and the price is nice...Truthfully though I'm looking at spending about 8-10k on a 2002 and up mercury mountaineer with less than 90k miles...to each his own I guess...if your looking for quickness I'd probably go for that but if your just looking for a winter ride be a little more open...there are deals out and about...what area are you from? Have you ever thought about traveling a few hours or few miles?

Hey arron big difference is that the limiteds go for more...notice the crappy gray plastic instead of the all paint on the one he posted?

Edited by aquill1

Oh but i can Linko

Heres one pretty similar to it cept with a v6

Here is another one similar just 3 years older link 2

5.9L V8... i have a 5.2L V8 i know those can go for 2-3k the 5.9L was a limited edition jeep only produced in one year 1998 and its not the same as the 5.2L V8 limited. it has alot more to offer this is from wikipedia

Other features separated the 5.9 from the standard Limited model including:

* functioning heat-extracting hood louvers

* a mesh grille insert

* unique five-spoke alloy wheels

* black-wall tires

* an improved premium 180 watt, 10 speaker infinity stereo system,

* a rear speaker bar, roof mounted with 4 speakers

* softer calf leather trim,

* leather door inserts,

* leather shift handle, e-brake and transfer case handle,

* wood trim around the transmission shift handle base

* a full-leather spare tire cover with multiple pockets

* a flat back-row floor allowing for the comfortable seating of three

* a center leather armrest in the rear seat

* a lower-profile roof rack that eliminated squeaking problems found on the base 5.2L limited

* monochromatic trim

* molded rocker panels

The Grand Cherokee 5.9 further included additional performance-enhancing features including:

* stronger transmission than the 5.2L with a heavier output shaft

* standard Dana-44A(ALUM. HOUSING) rear differential with traction lock

* electric fan

* high-output alternator

* freer-flowing exhaust with 3 inch pipes and a wide polished stainless steel exhaust tip

The 5.9 Limited was not available in all the regular Limited colors. It was available only in Deep Slate, Stone White, and Bright Platinum.

im only interested in the 5.9L V8 jeep if i were going to get another jeep.

Man honestly I was looking for the newer 99 and up grand cherokee's here in Michigan and I'm finding them for 5k or right near that with less than 100k miles. To me that is WAY too much to pay. I don't know about 2-3k for the same one but for some reason the newer body style go pretty cheap. I hate chrysler so you'd be hard pressed to get me in one...I installed some car audio (head unit with swix to retain steering wheel controls, and tweeters as they always go bad in the jeeps for some reason) in my in-laws neighbors car and was somewhat interested in them because I knew how to do everything to them now and the price is nice...Truthfully though I'm looking at spending about 8-10k on a 2002 and up mercury mountaineer with less than 90k miles...to each his own I guess...if your looking for quickness I'd probably go for that but if your just looking for a winter ride be a little more open...there are deals out and about...what area are you from? Have you ever thought about traveling a few hours or few miles?

Hey arron big difference is that the limiteds go for more...notice the crappy gray plastic instead of the all paint on the one he posted?

you have to understand that the 5.9L was a limited production jeep only produced in 98 in a limited quanity so theyre kinda rare to find in good condition. this jeep is built more solidly than any other model. the 1999-2004 model had a lot of cheap plastic inside like the srt8. this 1998 jeep does not feel like plastic at all inside. its drowned with softer calf leather and has a more powerful engine than any of the 1999-2004 models. the only jeep more powerful than this is the new srt8. im not a fan of chrysler either but my jeep aside from a 335i is the most fun car ive driven and ive driven quite a few cars. im looking more for a project car and a sleeper all in one. that V8 sounds mean as hell which is why i want it. this car is located in Indiana and i live in cincinnati ohio so im traveling like 3-4 hours to this and ive looked in every state that borders ohio and under a 6 hour drive and this is the best one i could find.

id def go look at it.....but i would also try to talk him down to 5, or at least 52-53. but only if theres next to nothing wrong with it.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Ive heard on many occasions that the v8 grand cherokees are nothing but problems. My dad hated his when he had it. I have a 96 GC and love it but it has the L6 engine. Whatever you get, good luck. BTW Where do you live, because here in FL jeeps are cheap but in NY they go for like 6000!

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.