VIDEOS!!! The Mighty Mini Build! 2001 Silverado Z71 4xSA8's, APSM1500

Pictures!

Got my speakers from the Grand Prix yesterday, front stages were CCX 6.5's and the rears were Memphis PR693 6x9's...bought a cheap box from Walfart to stick the 6x9's in, changed the front Kappa's out with the CCX's, have all 4 doors on the front 2 channels, both 6x9's on the rear 2 channels, and...well...you can see how it's rigged up for now :lol:

Got a delivery when I went in the studio...wonder what this could be...

On break, boxes opened, and lo & behold! :D

These are tiny little fuckers, but beefy as hell. Had a hell of a time walking the boxes from the office to my truck :lol: Just as heavy as my HDC3s were. Thinking about maybe getting 2 more later on down the road after a seat lift. Right now, plans are for (as stated before) the APSM series to power them for the time being. Hoping for 2 APSM1500's, one per pair, with room to add the extra 2 SA8's and still use the same amps (or maybe buy a third :lol: budget amps FTW :thumbsup: )

So as of right now...

Front doors: Crescendo CCX6.5's components

Rear Doors: Sony 4x6" coax

Rear seat: Memphis PR 6x9" coax

Oh, and thanks to Srh_Rider, I can now fold my back seat down, giving me easy access :lol: Stay tuned, hope to have box made this weekend :thumbsup:

Glad to hear it worked!! :D can't wait to see what comes next! :good:

Thanks man! It took some play but I finally got it to work. Definitely will be doing more as I go along once funding becomes available.

looks promising. Sub'd.

Thanks.

That is a bad looking truck. Cant wait to see it finished.

It will take a while, but I definitely will make sure it stays looking good. Can't decide if I want to keep it that color or get it repainted black...not the ricer black either, a nice from-the-factory black...

Anyways, on to more news, talking to a guy from the area who has an APSM1500, so one down, one to go (anyone got one to sell? :D )

POTATO!

Hm, what do we have here? :morepower1: Thanks to joe89 on CACO for the awesome deal!

IMG_2741.jpg

No flash

IMG_2742.jpg

Flash

IMG_2743.jpg

IMG_2744.jpg

IMG_2745.jpg

IMG_2746.jpg

IMG_2747.jpg

Played with some more dimensions today, modified it for simplicity's sake, used 3/4" MDF. Came out to around 2.15 cubes at 38Hz, and if the airspace is too small, oh well, funding is available for a second APSM 1500 :yahoo:

sa8boxv2.jpg

sa8boxtunecalc2.jpg

Oh, and to all of those that hate on AP, go fuck yourself. I was free-air testing last night, all 4 subs wired to 0.5 ohms, beated to hell and back (after I figured out my power wire came loose from the terminal :lol: ), no problems whatsoever, even on 6 gauge wire (bleh), and as for the fan, just seriously, shut the fuck up. I did a measurement with a free sound meter app on my iphone, put it right up on the fan. Was reading 30dB when off, but when remote wire was jumped, only jumped to about 34-35dB, and it was inaudible with the engine off. Not the best testing, but it prooves a point. With an engine running (even an electric car) a tiny 1" fan isn't gonna matter much. If you're gonna complain that bad, just sell all your car audio gear and find a new hobby.

ANYWAYS, ordered my PP 4" aeroports from PE, should be here tomorrow, & hopefully I can go get the basic pieces cut tommorrow, with modifications done this weekend and box in by Monday. Next up will be mids/highs, or two more SA8's and another 1500, haven't decided yet :lol:

POTATO!

Making progress! :lol: After waiting 4 hours for Sears to change my brakes/rotors, I stopped over at Lowes to pick up some MDF. Turns out I measured it just right that I could use just one 4x8 sheet :drink40: Had them cut the basics for me, just have to cut the angle on the sides & the 10* cuts to match everything up, cut the circles out for the subs & the aeroports, and put it together. Been doing some free air testing, these little subs can move, and the amp only goes into protect when I put WAY too much signal to it. It's doing good at .5 ohms for the time being, dunno how well it will work in the box, should be alright 'till I buy a second amp (which is in the plans, these little fuckers are begging for more power.)

MOAR PICTURES!

294942_10151492788445512_690720511_24124285_1331413330_n.jpg

533018_10151492795435512_690720511_24124310_1725755386_n.jpg

558613_10151492795760512_690720511_24124311_1032207096_n.jpg

546143_10151492796150512_690720511_24124315_826133603_n.jpg

427954_10151492796410512_690720511_24124316_565805680_n.jpg

Also on a side note, I found out the third channel on my Cadence Z9 is gone :bull: :bull: Plus, I didn't realize I had my 6x9's running parallel @ 2 ohm on the bridge outputs of a 4 ohm bridge stable amp :throwrock: So, swapped them to channel 4, put the doors on 1/2, and now my amp doesn't hit protect anymore :lol: Maybe they can repair it for me, hopefully still under warranty, and I can just keep it for my mids/highs for the time being...

POTATO!

The good news: Box is done and speakers are in.

Bad news: Too much box flex :lol: Need to add some bracing. I will more than likely be isolating the chambers tomorrow to help prevent the top from flexing, along with sealing a couple small leaks. Other than that, it's not too bad, but even on ~1600 watts @ .5 ohms, these little fuckers are still starving for power, so a second APSM will be on the way.

POTATO!

Pics of box pulleeeeeezzzzeeeee!!!

:lol: It's an embarassment of quality but I'll get some when I go over and work on bracing it. Needs some sanding as well.

they should do some work :popcorn:

They do for sure. Sounds good 'till the box tries to rattle apart...lol

POTATO!

VIDEOS!!!

Okay, well video :lol: A couple side notes to remember:

Taken with an iPad 2, sound quality is horrible

The amp is wired to .5 ohms, and my electrical is horrible (voltage drop to almost 11 :lol: ) so a battery & 1/0 will be next. Probably will rewire the amp to 2 ohms for daily use 'till I can beef up my electrical.

Box is now fully sealed up (aside from ports :lol: ) and braced to hell. Two 1" square sticks on each side with two in the middle. Video doesn't do it justice at all.

Oh, and to those ragging on Audiopipe for having horrible quality amps, I paid $80 used for 1500+ watts, and it sounds a LOT cleaner, just as much as systems pushing Kicker/JL/Memphis amps (ones with excellent sound quality) so suck on that. :D. Pics will be uploaded after dinner.

POTATO!

Archived