Wiring things down

If I were to get an A/B amp that puts out 75 watts per channel (4 channels) at 2-ohms, I'm wondering if I could wire tweeters and other speakers down to 2-ohms. I've been looking around and most things I find are 4 or 8-ohms and the only knowledge I have of wiring is that you can wire 2 4-ohm things down to 2-ohms (like the case is with my subs). Any help I could get with this is much appreciated!

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

you want to wire two 4ohm tweeters to a 2ohm load on the amp?

Something along that thought process, I'm basically wondering if I'd be able to wire let's say 3 8-ohm tweeters down to 2-ohms or something like that. I know that wiring two 4-ohm things together can produce a 2-ohm load, but I'm unsure as to what the result of wiring more than two things together would be. How do I calculate the final load of wiring 3 8-ohm tweets together? And would I be able to wire them more than 1 thing together into one channel of the amp thus spreading the 75watts per channel equally among whatever is hooked up to it?

Basically just trying to learn how this part works to be honest

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

this website will help you, it shows the equation if you want to learn it and it also has a calculator http://www.1728.org/resistrs.htm

My System (in VW golf/Rabbit mk2)

(1) Hifonics Brutus 2010D @ 1ohm

(1) Hifonics Zeus 440 Mids'nhighs

(3) JBL W10Gti subs

(2) JBL GTO838

(2) JBL GTO936

(1) run of 3/0 Gauge ofc

(1) Ac Delco120ah 850cca battery (front)

(1) Ac Delco 45ah 330cca battery (rear)

(1)Sony Gt630ui hu

34hz tuning

img2422kv.jpg

bcae1.com

all the info you are looking for an TONS more.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived