Should I go with 2 12's at 600 ea or 1 12 with 1200watts?

I am trying to figure out which to go with, right now I have 2 JL audio 12w3v3's hooked up to a ARC Audio KS1200.1 each are in separate 1.75 cu/ft enclosures. I am thinking about getting a DD 3512 which needs a 2.5 or 2.6 cu/ft enclosure. I am wondering if one 12 with the same power is going to be louder than two 12's at the same power. I am wanting something that plays music but can still get loud the only problem is it's a 98 mustang and the shape of the trunk opening won't allow me to get a large enclosure in there... the trunk itself is big but it's just getting a enclosure in.

EDIT* I actually have seen the DC Audio sub's dont need much space in a ported box so I can probably get away with 2 of those and alot more power.

Edited by komplex

I am trying to figure out which is going to be louder, right now I have 2 JL audio 12w3v3's hooked up to a ARC Audio KS1200.1 each are in separate 1.75 cu/ft enclosures. I am thinking about getting a DD 3512 which needs a 2.5 or 2.6 cu/ft enclosure. I am wondering if one 12 with the same power is going to be louder than two 12's at the same power. I am wanting something that plays music but can still get loud the only problem is it's a 98 mustang and the shape of the trunk opening won't allow me to get a large enclosure in there... the trunk itself is big but it's just getting a enclosure in.

Keep the 12's. But change your post. Asking which louder is against the rules & they will close your thread.

I don't got that bad of a mouth, do I? Fuck Shit Ass Bitch Cunt, Shooby-de-doo-wop.Skibbedy-be-bop,a-Christopher Reeves!

THE FUNNIEST U WILL EVER HEAR!!: Bak in 2010 my old neighbor gave me a demo of his 2 cvr's. It wasn't LOUD and I told him that. Guess what comes out his mouth? "Idk bro its usually louder, I guess it still has an ATTITUDE, It tends to get mad @ me every now & then when I turn it up too much!" :rofl::rofl: What the fuck! I was like.. " R u serious u CRAZY DUMB MOTHERFUCKER!"

Ahh, I luv the Forum & the Forum luvs me!!(STL)

• 1 month later...