Second Skin Audio

Help picking out new subs

ok only thing is getting 2 of the 8's will put me at 270 plus i would need a bigger amp.

Sorry, didn't read your $200 budget the first time through. And could anybody explain why you'd need a bigger amp to power them? Is there anything wrong with underpowering your subs at all? But yeah, a DC Level 3 10 might work for you, and I think it's just around $200. And it's rated at 900w RMS so I've read that if you're underpowering then it's okay to go with a slightly larger box than recommended. How much bigger I don't know

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

the dc looks good but you cant get them online can you? and there is no dealer in my area. and i think im going to go with 2 8's. im not sure what 8's though. the SA's are a little pricy for my setup if im going to get 8's i dont want to have to throw a ton of power at them so <500 watts since the alpine makes my lights dim as is, my car has a small alternator. do you think id be able to get 2 decent 8's for about 130-160?

EDIT: Anybody notice the typo of .8 ft^3 displacement per SA-8? :lol:

Yes :trippy:

I was just designing a 4th order for 8 of em a little bit ago and i'm like there's no way in hell these subs take up 6.4 cubic feet of airspace...

Then i looked at the displacement of the SA-10 and i'm like ohhhhhhh

Edited by 412 CVX

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

ho

The P2 8's are 80 a piece.... http://www.sonicelec...D2-8-P2D28.html

how does the P2 stack up against the:

re rex 8 ($50)

kicker comp 8 (2 for $100)

infinity reference (2 for $120)

kicker cvt ($75)

mtx rts8 ($65)

RF p1 ($60)

or the polk db8 ($60)

and now this turns into a VS. thread.... which as most of us know are no-no's

so before this turns into a battle of the brands, just pick the one that has the highest RMS power handling. you're not gonna hear a difference between subs in that price range

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I've heard the P1 and P2s and they sound good. Not for sure if I've heard those others you listed.

It's all about personal preference on the brands...I was just trying to help by showing you something in the price range you stated.

its all good i figured it would come down to more brand association.

im deciding between the kicker comp 8's infinity reference 8's or the fosgate p1 8's (i would get the p2s but the d2 are $80

I've heard the P1 and P2s and they sound good. Not for sure if I've heard those others you listed.

It's all about personal preference on the brands...I was just trying to help by showing you something in the price range you stated.

its all good i figured it would come down to more brand association.

im deciding between the kicker comp 8's infinity reference 8's or the fosgate p1 8's (i would get the p2s but the d2 are $80

Cool man, good luck. I don't think you'll go wrong with any of those.

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's