re rex 8 ($50)

kicker comp 8 (2 for $100)

infinity reference (2 for $120)

kicker cvt ($75)

mtx rts8 ($65)

RF p1 ($60)

or the polk db8 ($60)

and now this turns into a VS. thread.... which as most of us know are no-no's

so before this turns into a battle of the brands, just pick the one that has the highest RMS power handling. you're not gonna hear a difference between subs in that price range

and im not trying to say whats better i just honestly asked what was the difference in them. all i see through comparison is very minute differences

ho

The P2 8's are 80 a piece.... http://www.sonicelec...D2-8-P2D28.html

how does the P2 stack up against the:

re rex 8 ($50)

kicker comp 8 (2 for $100)

infinity reference (2 for $120)

kicker cvt ($75)

mtx rts8 ($65)

RF p1 ($60)

or the polk db8 ($60)

and now this turns into a VS. thread.... which as most of us know are no-no's

so before this turns into a battle of the brands, just pick the one that has the highest RMS power handling. you're not gonna hear a difference between subs in that price range

and im not trying to say whats better i just honestly asked what was the difference in them. all i see through comparison is very minute differences

then your probably better off buying the cheapest subs you can get and save a few bucks while you're at it

Headunit - Alpine 9857

Mids & Highs - T165,T1692

Mids & Highs Amp - T400-4

Subs - 2 12" DC Audio Level 3 M2s

Sub Amp - T1500-1bdcp

Alternator - MechMan 220a

Wiring - 1/0ga XS Power

Batteries - 2 Optima Yellow Tops

Read the fucking manual. Jesus Christ.

I dunno about that Steve...

Chuck Norris doesnt even do push-ups, he just pushes the earth down.

I'd personally get the cheapest ones that can take whatever RMS your amp is pushing out just to give you the best bang for your buck. No sense getting subs that can handle more and pay more nor is there any sense to buying cheaper ones that won't be able to handle whatever you're giving them ;)

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

The SA-8 sounds like a pretty good sub for its price and ability to be abused. But there are more available subs out there as well. You said you'll get an amp later too depending on what you buy so you sound like you have everything planned out. . .somewhat.

side question, for a common chamber ported box what should i do the volume to, could i use the recommended ported volume out of just one of the subs or do i have to double it.

aka

if a subs rec. ported volume was like 1ft^3 would you build the box to 1ft^3 or 2ft^3?

by the way i have decided to go with this: http://www.vminnovations.com/Product_14488/MTX-TR5510-04-Thunder-10-Inch-600-Watt-Single-4-Ohm-Subwoofers-Pair-.html

2 mtx tr5510-04, the pack of 2 is only $80 just wondering for the box, that decides whether i go with ported or sealed

Edited by howelr

if a sub requires 1 cubic foot ported, then two would require 2 cubic feet ported.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I've heard the P1 and P2s and they sound good. Not for sure if I've heard those others you listed.

It's all about personal preference on the brands...I was just trying to help by showing you something in the price range you stated.

its all good i figured it would come down to more brand association.

im deciding between the kicker comp 8's infinity reference 8's or the fosgate p1 8's (i would get the p2s but the d2 are $80

Based on price ok but are really different sounding stuff.