Come on, everybody knows JL is the best money can buy.

The best over-sized paperweight, that is.

looooooooool. I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

youre using a JL bassknob. your argument is invalid.

Yeah i figured id get atleast one of these......i never said they didnt make a good product. I just said i hate the hype that comes with it. I think its a bit obtuse to say that my argument is invalid. The thing works and im not out saying its the best thing ever. It simply works.

Even if I had the money, I wouldn't buy JL products, especially since my friends taunts me sometimes with his all JL Audio system installed by "Pros", and even said my Kicker sounded like shit. He spent at least $3k for everything, which is just 2 HD amps, C3 components, and 2 W3 12's which he directly ordered from JL themselves, and had them "professionally" installed, and for me, $250 roughly for the sub,box, amp, and wiring kits, and installing it myself, so very unfair comparison.

Now he's bragging that he's getting 2 W7 12's, and ZR components, putting an HD 750/1 for each W7 12', and putting them in a SEALED box lol, cause he says it has better sound quality. He was offering me his 2 sets of C3's for $400, and I literally told him "hell no", only 75 watts each, and sound like cheap speakers when pushed with too much power(he was feeding 125 watts), I can do way better for that, and I bet you guys know that too.

SQ wise, JL products to me don't sound all that great to me, the W3's don't hit all that clean, the C3's mids have too big of a soundstage, and the tweeters are too bright in my opinion, though I am gonna hear the ZR's and W7's, and see how they sound when I turn on my "extremely picky, audiophile ears I developed from being in home audio before car audio" , and see what's all the hype for.

Now don't get me wrong, it sounds good, but the cost isn't worth it.

If I had that kind of money, I would go for Rockford Fosgate amps all the way

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Jl is trash

Rockford amps are pretty good

saw a guy write on one of meade's video saying he should get 4 solo x's instead of the SMD's...i lol'd

i wouldn't say JL is trash. JL makes very, very nice equipment.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

The best sounding system I have ever had was a JL system. JL W0v2 12" and a pair of VR650 components. $100 for the sub new, and $175 for the components new. Running of a single RF T400-4. I decided to trade the level of quality of sound for more sound but nothing has ever compared to the sound of that system.

I won't even get into the crazy people that swear by JL stuff, they are as nuts as any nuthuggers out there. That doesn't mean that is is bad stuff. They have some stuff that is ridiculously expensive that I would never even think about paying for.

But to just call them trash is flat out wrong.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

The best sounding system I have ever had was a JL system. JL W0v2 12" and a pair of VR650 components. $100 for the sub new, and $175 for the components new. Running of a single RF T400-4. I decided to trade the level of quality of sound for more sound but nothing has ever compared to the sound of that system.

I won't even get into the crazy people that swear by JL stuff, they are as nuts as any nuthuggers out there. That doesn't mean that is is bad stuff. They have some stuff that is ridiculously expensive that I would never even think about paying for.

But to just call them trash is flat out wrong.

way overpriced.

/thread