Pics of my Hybrid Audio - Unity U61-2 6.5"

moh.vze.com

The Clarus is quite a jump in detail and bass output. Very large magnet too. My new favorite components. The Unity cleans up the upper frequency breakup that happens in the Imagines, but using effectively the same driver limits it's low end output relative to the Clarus. The Unity has great detail, and a very full midrange.. The tweeter has very little noise also.

Good purchase.

Clovis Custom Audio 559-392-3600

96 Silverado Single Cab

2-DD9515's Cut-through

1-DDSE Amp

Stock electrical and a couple small stingers, LOL

Now that mentioned it, I do notice the unity's not producing the hardier kicks from the speakers compared to my dls when I play some bass meckaniks. But this could be because I am only feeding the unity's 80w ems instead of 100w or 150w. I don't mind though because I have subs foe the bass and I am loving the clarity of these speakers. I can't wait to run my point p900.4 amp on them with 145w rms.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Crazy that you had to talk the guy down in price considering those retail for 250.00

Msrp is 249.99

Actually looking at his site all his prices are marked way up, then discounted back down to retail.

Stupid place to buy if you ask me, and you have a dealer in your town that would have sold you brand new ones for cheaper.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

sick speakers.... but im really jealous of the lebron 9s you got there....

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

Crazy that you had to talk the guy down in price considering those retail for 250.00

Msrp is 249.99

Actually looking at his site all his prices are marked way up, then discounted back down to retail.

Stupid place to buy if you ask me, and you have a dealer in your town that would have sold you brand new ones for cheaper.

Really? I did not know this :(

I live in Oregon so there will never be a dealer available. My DC Audio Dealer is about 2-3 hours away too! With the gas prices going to $5 this Summer, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to drive that far away to get a demo. I've already have an XS D2400 and XP3000 coming in the mail, and I'm not going to be able to use the XP3000 until I get that DC Power 270A which won't be avaible until end of March or so.

Back to the Hybrid Audio's...

I'm pretty stoked by the sounds of these components. I didn't even have to learn how to go "active". It was just plug in the speakers & tweeters and use the crossovers, set the gains right on the amp, and set my high pass filter on headunit to 120hz.. I'm not too happy to hear how much cheaper the retail prices you claim on those to be compared to the official website though. If it was a $50 dfference, I'd be fine with that, but $100 is a bit too much.

Are you sure you're not thinking of the Imagine's?

These are the Unity's:

http://store.12velectronics.com/unity-u61-2-6-5-2-way-component-speaker-system/

By the way, after hearing these, I am now having second thoughts about going an SPL sub build. I didn't know music can sound so good inside a vehicle.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

There is a hat dealer in portland.

Thats where you live right?

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

There is a hat dealer in portland.

Thats where you live right?

Really. Hmm. Can you PM me the info for it? Maybe I can get a demo of the Clarus from them.

I tried to google for Hybrid Audio Dealer Portland Oregon and got nothing.

Musicar.

Ken is the contact

Archived