LoudBimmer Posted February 25, 2012 Report Posted February 25, 2012 Since I will be cutting out my rear deck, where my 6.5's are, I don't want to replace them. What I want to do is put 1 set of DD's in each door ( 2 6.5, 2 tweeters). If I do this, will I loose anything, sound wise? Amp is sundown 100.4D. I still want to have decent bass when I don't have subs in. Also, does it matter how much space I leave behind 6.5's when making custom door panels?
neuspeedescort Posted February 25, 2012 Report Posted February 25, 2012 what DD will you be running? you will more then likely like it more then when you had rear fill. i know i do. NEUMAN
Skullz Posted February 25, 2012 Report Posted February 25, 2012 Once you get used to having only front you'll never want to have rear fill again. With good door deadening you'll get just as much midbass from the front as you would the rears. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
LoudBimmer Posted February 25, 2012 Author Report Posted February 25, 2012 CS6.5 I was originally going to put them in my rear c-pillar, but they would fit there. I might move rear deck speakers in my rear doors, but it will be later, after front is done.
LoudBimmer Posted February 25, 2012 Author Report Posted February 25, 2012 Once you get used to having only front you'll never want to have rear fill again. With good door deadening you'll get just as much midbass from the front as you would the rears. SS damp pro
neuspeedescort Posted February 25, 2012 Report Posted February 25, 2012 i'm about to drop two set of those same comp's in a mustang fox body. in the doors. so let me know how you like it. but to answer your question of depth. not much. since the mid is not a vented pole like that of a sub you could get the magnet pretty close with out dealing with any loading issues. but do allow breathing room around it. shallow and wide. here is a set i had in my personal daily driver for some time. not the most ideal tweet location but i really wanted to maintain the factory piping on the door panel. and i don't have power windows. NEUMAN
Freshman6969 Posted February 25, 2012 Report Posted February 25, 2012 i just run speakers in my front doors, it sounds fine to me, there could be some rear fill but i dont mind it, just stock speakers for now, but i plan on doing two mids and a super tweet per door Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k! Why would you EVER WANT flex?huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct? My FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog
LoudBimmer Posted February 25, 2012 Author Report Posted February 25, 2012 I running front door speakers too now, because I took out rear deck. Sounds OK, but the quality is not too good. With DD's and upgraded amp it should make it much more clear. But I'm not sure if I move rear deck speakers in rear doors, that it will give me same quality.
n8ball2013 Posted February 25, 2012 Report Posted February 25, 2012 if its not enough for you. you can always od kicks as well. when i had my walled cavalier thats what i did. one in the doors one in the kicks. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
LoudBimmer Posted February 25, 2012 Author Report Posted February 25, 2012 if its not enough for you. you can always od kicks as well. when i had my walled cavalier thats what i did. one in the doors one in the kicks. Like a 6" subwoofer?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.