Second Skin Audio

Box for 2 DC lvl5 15's

I don't get why people get so caught up in ts specs. The chances of the ts specs that get posted on the websites and the actual ts specs of your subs matching are slim to none. Im not going to break in a sub the same way that rusty breaks one in to do the ts testing.

I don't get why people get so caught up in ts specs. The chances of the ts specs that get posted on the websites and the actual ts specs of your subs matching are slim to none. Im not going to break in a sub the same way that rusty breaks one in to do the ts testing.

Right, so I am guessing you measured them once broken in??

The TS Specs on the (old) site weren't after lots of play time either.

The level 5s take a lot of time to break in. I measured my Fs (4 stiff spiders, 2 medium spiders) at 31hz after 200 or so hours of play time. That would be fully broken in. But it seriously weeks to do that.

I don't know how rusty breaks them in before testing. I personally don't really care what the ts specs are.

Cutting about 25% of Vb is a big deal as far as the type of sound you will be getting from the sub in most cases which you would care about on a daily setup.

You need to protect the sub of course but I was just curious, if not going by specs throwing a round number would seem daring to me. unless??