Second Skin Audio

Can i put 1 sub facing up, and one facing down (not inverted)

Can I have a box mounted vertically with 1 sub facing up towards the roof, and 1 pointing down towards the floor, 2 ports out either side ?

box is going between the seats of a regular cab ranger, 1 sub up, 1 sub down, and 2 ports going behind either seat.

will this be ok, kind of a weird set-up, I dont think it should effect the sound much, as the cabin is so small, but who am I ? Some guy hoping the experts can help :)

I don't think it will be bad but could you put one facing up and the other facing back, I think that would sound better

Duel Sa-8 V.2 D2 Sub Enclosure

2001 Pontiac Grand am

• Head Unit - OEM
  • Processor - RF 3sixty.2
  • Subs - RE Audio SXX12D4
  • Amplifier - Kicker ZX1000.1
  • Mids & Highs- Rockford Fosgate Power T2652-S
  • Rockford Fosgate Power T1693
  • Mids & Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate Power T400-4
  • Wiring - 1/0 AWG, 4 AWG, 8 AWG
  • Alternator - Stock
  • Batteries - non ext
  • Box- Absolute PSEB12BK

edit nvm didnt read title correctly

Edited by Socky

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

I did a setup like this for my center console box in my f250. What I noticed was the sub firing forward excurted more and kind of bottomed out because the sub facing down was pushing it out more because it had nothing to "load" off of while the one facing down was "loading" off the floor. This could be wrong or just a million in one. Chance of it happening but that's What I noticed.

BABYJUICE

Should work fine if its whats you want to do . Im pretty sure you would have to reverse the polarities for them not to cancel.

I did a setup like this for my center console box in my f250. What I noticed was the sub firing forward excurted more and kind of bottomed out because the sub facing down was pushing it out more because it had nothing to "load" off of while the one facing down was "loading" off the floor. This could be wrong or just a million in one. Chance of it happening but that's What I noticed.

SuperBass

check out⊂ http://www.youtube.com/Bassknots

129.3 meca 136.8 db drag (60 hz peak)

http://bassknotsstereo.blogspot.com/

comment/subscribe and stay tuned ,working on 150 db http://www.stevemead...r/page__st__380

I dont have the space for any other configuration. it is a regular cab ranger, could do 1 up and 1 forward, but it is a stick shift, and i would be hitting the sub with my elbow. subs are SA-8's if it matters.

and thanks for the input guys.

what if you made a arm rest out of the port..you could set the the subs faces forward with the port

R.I.P...99'Dodge Grand Caravan

03 Lancer Oz

Big 3

HU-JVC KD-530

RCA's-rockerfosgate

41/2 inch Infinity mids

Subs-(12's)2 Orion xtr124

Amp-Coustic600se

battery-2 x stock, 1x Shuriken SK-BT20

Box-L-ported 3.562cubes@35Hz

miscellaneous-stinger volt-meter, gain nob, (coming soon bass pro,eq,line drive)

I dont have flex yet but damn I sound good,(coming soon....flex)

Check out my HHR install

Everything I install or build here:http://s1160.photobu...s/q485/MrBfree/

Also video's of my Car with the new box.http://www.youtube.c...lentGyge/videos

why would i have to reverse the polaritys ? both subs will be mounted in the box the same way. just pointigng different directions .

as far as loading the bottom sub firing at the floor, I am going to split the difference, the sub firing up will be 5" from the roof, and the sub firing down will be 5" from the floor.

litteraly guys, I have no room, my box is 9.5x9.5x27. It touches the inside of both of my seats and the back wall. I can either mount 1 on the bottom and 1 on top, or 1 on top and 1 forward, but like i said, if i put one forward, then my elbow will be touching it.

If I put the port forward, and tryed to build a console, the counsole would either be too high, hit my shifter, or be too shallow, and i needs me a center counsole to hold shit.

Edited by lilwillywilly