something everyone should know about rockford T2652-s compenents!!

01VWGREENMACHINE

You should know really soon. I thought you would have had your box already

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

i got it earlier today.. you didnt see the feedback thread i posted for you? thanks again.. itll be a while til i get them in( in the process of buying a new car, probably a mustang gt ill post pics if i buy it) so i have to get that first

• 2 weeks later...

I have only had one tweeter blow on my setup and im feeding all my speakers a butt load of power than the RMS rating. I have the t1652-s's though but its the same thing except for the phase plug on the mid and the tweeter material type. I had it so my passenger side tweeter in my a-pillar was working beautifully one day and then the next day i went to my truck it was silent. It didnt smell, i didnt hear any grinding when i moved the tweeter around with a piece of rubber and it had no ohm rating with my o-scope. I took the tweeter out and connected it to my home theater and it wouldnt work. I brought another one of the t1 tweeters out and put it in my truck and then it worked just fine.

Here was what i did differently though with the tweeters and i suggest you need to do this as well. I could play music just fine however i noticed that the tweeters were really harsh and would pierce your ears with how loud they were. I shut off my mids and sub and had just my tweeters playing and noticed that everytime someone made the "s" sound in their lyrics it sounded like a rattle snake. Everything else sounded great but that one thing. I originally set my gains with my tpi 440 o-scope and then later set them up with my SMD-DD1 and SMD-CC1 and it was still doing the same thing no matter how i set them. But heres what i did to fix it (i did this when i had just my 440 so having a dd-1 or cc-1 wont affect this). I played a song that had a good amount of lyrics that would have the artist saying something with the letter s in it as well as just them singing. I then unhooked my mids and sub so only my tweeters were playing and listened to the music. I could hear every word but it sounded like they were hissing when they sang. I turned the gain down on my amp until this stopped and i no longer have that problem. I also have loud and clear highs.

So just to re-cap: set your gains with a -5db (or 0db, i personally use -5) so you know how high your gain can go, set your amp to highpass at its highest setting (i set mine through my 3sixty.2 at 2kHz and had the x-over on my amp at highpass all the way), turn down the gain on just your tweeters (if you have a channel dedicated to just your tweeters which i suggest) until you dont hear the hissing from the artist singing, enjoy your music and not burning out the tweeters.

I tried to do everything before i turned the gain down and it still sounded like garbage to me. I know for a fact i wasnt clipping or presenting distortion in the system as the dd-1 and even my o-scope did not show any. I also know with the cc-1 that my x-over was off by quite a bit on my 3sixty.2 however i still had corrected it to be spot on with the same results. I originally had just the tweeters run off the passive x-overs they came with and my mids connected directly to the amp but when i blew the tweeter i took the passive x-overs out. I currently have my mids and highs connected directly to my DC Audio 175.4 with 0 issues.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Archived